Tour de france 2012 predictions

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

djconnel

by djconnel

Posted long ago in the pro discussion, I stick with my picks 1, 2, and 4 since my #3 (DeGendt) isn't in:

1. Wiggins (lock)
2. Evan (the clear best of the rest)
3. Hesjedal

Then it gets fuzzier...
4. Robert Gesink
5. Van den Broeck
6. Frank Schleck
7. Froome

Then even fuzzier:
7. Voeckler
8. Rodgers
9. Horner
10. Danielson

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

record wrote:And as a black horse I would go with Vande Velde.

Well that kinda blows for Vande Velde when it was announced today that he will be working for Hesjedal. I know Hesjedal is the front runner but I would have given Vande Velde a shot.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

NAKaveli

by NAKaveli

tranzformer wrote:Garmin's selection looks quite strong to support Ryder.

Tom Danielson
Tyler Farrar
Ryder Hesjedal
Robbie Hunter
Dan Martin
David Millar
Christian Vande Velde
Johan Vansummeren
David Zabriskie

CVV, Danielson and Martin should be great help pacing Ryder in the mountains.

Curious what happened to Heinrich Haussler? :o

wojchiech

by wojchiech

I predict there will be lots of French riders in breaks in an attempt to get their sponsors some screen exposure, and Phill Liggett will comment about it. :lol:

beardking

by beardking

wiggins will win :D

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

NAKaveli wrote:Curious what happened to Heinrich Haussler? :o

That is a very good question.
I think he said something about wanting to be chosen for the worlds or Olympics.
He was trying hard in California.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

elSid

by elSid

Christian Vande Velde will win.

NAKaveli

by NAKaveli

stella-azzurra wrote:
NAKaveli wrote:Curious what happened to Heinrich Haussler? :o

That is a very good question.
I think he said something about wanting to be chosen for the worlds or Olympics.
He was trying hard in California.

I noticed his hard efforts in ToC as well, unfortunately Sagan got the best of everyone.

HillRPete

by HillRPete

Really surprised that Garmin is sending Hesjedal as their captain, top (podium) performances in both Giro+Tour seem not to be very common. Anyway I guess they can always change tactics if Danielson or someone else starts to shine ...

HarryS

by HarryS

Its hard to predict, but my favourite riders to watch are Phillipe Gilbert, Thor Hushovd, Samuel Sanchez and Thomas Voekler so I hope they all do well!

airwise

by airwise

Sagan for Green

Evans for Yellow

Nibali for KOM

No one in the top twenty will be riding with the massive advantages of a dedicated aero bike :lol:

daj

by daj

Two Frenchies to watch:
Pierre Rolland (finished 10th last year, seems to be at least as strong this year)
Jeremy Roy (will grab the yellow jersey after being in an escape, then surprisingly will keep it for a long time)

artray

by artray

One thing for sure , Voeckler will attack every climb he can and may catch out a few big names . Cadel for me is the man to beat. Wiggins will lose time on the climbs and there are quite a lot of them if you include all the stages, not just the obvious big mountain ones. Riders are going to be more inclined to attack early because of the TT, so unless you can respond to most of the attacks you will lose time . This could be the most exciting tour .

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

That is what Wiggins is counting on responding to attacks and following wheels. Cadel needs to attack, Mercks, Armstrong or Contador style.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Wiggins
Evans
Tony Martin

Outsiders Voeckler, Horner, Leipheimer