Tour de france 2012 predictions

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Spinlikemad

by Spinlikemad

I would love to see Wiggo win, but has he really not peaked yet and will his luck hold as it has so far this season? He has had an amazing spring and maybe it will hold for one more (albeit 3-week) race, but my personal view is that Evans is is going to hit amazing form at the right time and take the yellow. :beerchug:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Cadel Evans predictions

Evans suggested that there were others who will be starting in Liège on June 30 deserving on general classification consideration. The 38km, Stage 9 individual time trial and another on the penultimate stage could play into the favour of the likes of Levi Leipheimer (Omega Pharma – QuickStep) or Andreas Klöden (RadioShack – Nissan) who will have several more seasons of grand tour experience under their belt in comparison to the Brit. Samuel Sanchez, Denis Menchov, and Frank Schleck, "if he can get some time," also rated a mention as possibilities for overall contention from Evans. Then there was Alejandro Valverde, "but his performance at the Tour de Suisse wasn’t convincing," Evans said
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

J-Nice

by J-Nice

Wiggo's going to fall off his bike and not finish the race.

Evans will ride like the crashing bore that he is, and Vino will podium because he'll be the only rider with the balls to take the race by the scruff of the neck.

You heard it here first.
Check out the latest controversies in sport-

http://berzin.blogspot.com/

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

J-Nice wrote:Vino will podium.

I was already ahead of you, son. Check prior posts.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

I admire your predictions although the one about Vino is based on fantasy?. Still a valid prediction.
Vino wants to go out of cycling in a respectable manor that is all. He could not and would not go out injured and broken. All he needs to do is stay upright and cross the line in the top 20 that would be a huge accomplishment. I suspect he will be definitely be in the top 50 though.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

konky

by konky

The Veno of the Armstrong years could win now considering the competition at the moment. Without the sort of help he had then I don't think he can win. He turned from first rate to second rate after his ban.

Having said that Wiggins and Evens are the only first rate contenders. If they both falter (not in form, are ill, crash etc.) it opens the field up to a whole range of second rate riders of which I suppose Vino is now one.

bartali

by bartali

konky wrote:The Vino of the Armstrong years could win now considering the competition at the moment. Without the sort of help he had then I don't think he can win. He turned from first rate to second rate after his ban.

Well for a second-rater he managed his third best ever Tour finish and a stage win, 1st Overall in the Giro del Trentino and 1st in Liège–Bastogne–Liège. :shock: Not a bad haul!

KWalker

by KWalker

NAKaveli wrote:
tranzformer wrote:Garmin's selection looks quite strong to support Ryder.

Tom Danielson
Tyler Farrar
Ryder Hesjedal
Robbie Hunter
Dan Martin
David Millar
Christian Vande Velde
Johan Vansummeren
David Zabriskie

CVV, Danielson and Martin should be great help pacing Ryder in the mountains.

Curious what happened to Heinrich Haussler? :o

No results since 2009 and Garmin wanting a team that can at least help out Hesjedal and have a few guys for a possible stage win.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Hausslers no results:

1st Stage 2 Tour de Suisse
1st Jersey white.svg Sprint Classification Tour of Qatar
2nd Omloop Het Nieuwsblad
3rd Grosser Preis des Kantons Aargau

1st Stage 2 Tour of Beijing
1st Jersey green.svg Points classification Paris–Nice
2nd Overall Tour of Qatar
1st Stage 2
1st Stage 3
1st Jersey white.svg Points classification

4th Omloop Het Nieuwsblad
2nd stage 1,2,3,4 Amgen Tour of California

Wingnut

by Wingnut

I read some where on the inter web he's currently suffering from bad saddle sores atm...

NAKaveli

by NAKaveli

Hasn't he pulled himself out of Garmin's lineup for TdF acknowledging that he was not where he wanted to be in form? Wondering if same could be said about this year

giant man

by giant man

wiggins hasn't got it in him to be a major tour winner, Cavendish will win some sprint stages as usual and then go home once they hit the mountains.

Dunno about top three, Evans might as well be winner, Menchov would be good up there also.

UKpaul

by UKpaul

1 Wiggins
2 Evans
3 Van Den Brouke

Although Evans and Wiggins both have there weaknesses I think due to Sky being stronger than BMC I think Wiggins will have the upper hand.
BUT that could work against them with all the other teams expecting them to do all the work which could open it up for a decent TT/Climber to get in a long break and maybe hold out.

Either way I'm expecting a good Tour this year with lots of up and coming future winners in the top 10.

shoopdawoop

by shoopdawoop

Here are my tour predictions!

1st- Wiggins
2nd- Evans
3rd- Frank

Green- Sagan
Polka Dot- some french guy
White- Tejay Van Garderen

Everyone says that Wiggins is going to crack and has peaked too soon but I don't think so. I think that they have taken a very consistent training pace and not really set him up to peak. Wiggins is training to be strong all year I think; he isn't an explosive rider so I don't think he really trains alot other than long fast miles. The support of Sky is also just going to be huge; he is going to be able to control those little mountain groups and try and set a tempo that won't allow a group or climber to escape. Cadel Evans is such a hardcore rider that he will turn himself inside out fighting Wiggins, will get 2nd, and will still be awesome because without all the support he was able to kill it. Frank gets 3rd because he consistantly makes the cut into little groups in the Alps and is able to not be blown off his bike like his wispy brother.

Sagan will get green after taking 2nd to Cav a few times, 1st over Cav a few times and first when Cav and Eisel are being pushed up a hill 3 miles back. Unless all the climbing that Cav has been doing is actually working and he is now a turbo goat. Some french guy from a team that I can't pronounce will win the mountains jersey after sitting in breaks that get caught twelve days in a row and going over a bunch of category 3 hills and little passes. TJ Van Garderen can win the white I think if he can hang with and help Evans in the mountains like they want him to.

Some dark horse will get into a break and get the yellow surprisingly and then crack the next day.

Oh and last but not least the announcers on VS/NBCSports will come up with some saying that is the dumbest thing in the entire world. I wish we got Sean Kelly :(

Kasparz

by Kasparz

I'd like to see Rein Taaramae in top10.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com