USADA Banned Armstrong new Doping Allegations

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

ticou

by ticou

What an almighty crud storm the Lance focus has and will be for so many others. The quality of mercy has been extremely strained.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sawyer

by sawyer

artray wrote:I'll Bite ...If Armstrongs wins are worthless can anyone tell me whose wins are not . Merckx . Contador. Pantani . Ulrich. etc Tell me the tour winners that you can be sure never doped.? Lets have a photo Of Merckx and all his jerseys or any number of champion's . It's a good photo and your not going to win a tour without doping and I really don't care if they doped . Line is out there :popcorn:
Lance fan artray :lol:

Yawn
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

pastronef

by pastronef

http://www.mobli.com/media/show/id/22700756?referer=tw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

link even retweeted by http://www.twitter.com/Bruyneel" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

arent those the first honest words from a (ex)cyclist? spot on, mr. Joachim

http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/11/ ... ari_264528
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

artray

by artray

I agree . No living in the land of dreamy clean sports .Telling it like it is. Maybe the dopers must die brigade might finally get some sense and see how the real world of sport works. He done well not to dope but has paid a heavy financial price unlike dopers Hamilton and co with there hypocritcal books of bullsh%t filling there pockets and bought by the same idiots who are blaming the downfall of cycling on Armstrong ...bunch of wazzaks . Chastise Armstrong then buy the books of other riders who have doped i.e. giving them your cash . I have to :lol:

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Yes he regrets not being a doper for financial reasons, not sporting fairness reasons, for all the money he missed out on. Good reasons there :evil:

maquisard

by maquisard

He is being honest... can't fault him for that.

His point being that how do you expect the likes of he, Moncoutie etc feel when they have their careers hampered by those that choose to dope but who then admit everything and get off scot free. The USADA six month fun bunch made their money off the back of Armstrong, finally cried wolf but get to carry on their lucrative careers with only a slap on the risk. If I was in the same situation as Joachim I would also be asking myself why I didn't dope. After all, you just play the 'Armstrong made me do it card' and then carry on your career like nothing happened.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

artray wrote:I'll Bite ...If Armstrongs wins are worthless can anyone tell me whose wins are not . Merckx . Contador. Pantani . Ulrich. etc

Although responding to this feels like having my IQ cut in half, the answer to this conundrum is simple: There is insufficient evidence to strip any of these riders of their victories. It's all hearsay and innuendo. (And Contador was stripped when there was evidence.)
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

boysa

by boysa

I think that will change when someone who rode with Merckx, Pantani, Ulrich, etc., realizes all they have to do is write a book, spill their guts, and they can make a bunch of money and get their name back in the paper for a bit.

I could be wrong, of course, and if it were to happen, I'd expect it over the next year or so.
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

artray

by artray

Mr.Gib wrote:
artray wrote:I'll Bite ...If Armstrongs wins are worthless can anyone tell me whose wins are not . Merckx . Contador. Pantani . Ulrich. etc

Although responding to this feels like having my IQ cut in half, the answer to this conundrum is simple: There is insufficient evidence to strip any of these riders of their victories. It's all hearsay and innuendo. (And Contador was stripped when there was evidence.)

Armstrong never failed a dope test .all the evidence is hearsay and innuendo as well . I mean we know he's guilty but we also know the others are guilty as well . You are refuted Sir

I loved you IQ jibe . made me laugh :lol: You are quite funny sometimes MR Gib :thumbup:
Last edited by artray on Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

artray

by artray

dereksmalls wrote:Yes he regrets not being a doper for financial reasons, not sporting fairness reasons, for all the money he missed out on. Good reasons there :evil:

No one is saying there Happy about it . That is the way things are and have been for a 100 years.
Take those drugs but don't blow those bellows or you will get disqualified. :beerchug:

J-Nice

by J-Nice

stella-azzurra wrote:http://Www.theworldaccordingtolance.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

From CNN

You're late to the game on this one.

This is the investigative piece done by Australia's "4 Corners" news program, and it's been out for a while.

Armstrong officially cut ties with the Livestrong Foundation, or more than likely, he was told by the board of directors that for Livestrong to have a chance at surviving this massive scandal, he can no longer be affiliated in any way, shape or form with the foundation-

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-1 ... er-charity" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

His slide into irrelevancy is now complete. Bye-bye, Lance. It was nice knowin' ya.
Check out the latest controversies in sport-

http://berzin.blogspot.com/

majklnajt

by majklnajt

so what?! :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

The separation of Lance Armstrong from Livestrong is NOT yet complete.
http://livestrong.org/ wrote:© LIVESTRONG, a registered trademark of the Lance Armstrong Foundation. The Lance Armstrong Foundation is a 501(c)(3) under federal tax guidelines.
Why has the name not been changed to the Livestrong Foundation?