HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Articles FAQ Contact About

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2629 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171 ... 176  Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:01 pm 

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/armstro ... ng-experts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Quote:
The case is certainly unique in its scale but it's not a reason not to apply or even ignore the (anti-doping) rules, as we've seen

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:01 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:18 pm 

horse wrote:
What you're talking about is substance abuse.

By PEDs you're not expecting the cyclist to down an entire bottle of pills. Maybe you did.

Yes your right . You know me so well . I did exactly that. How did you know? Are you some kind of wizard? I downed an entire bottle of pills at the same time . Your wise words and vast experience and not your lack of a desperate need to win some kind of vague argument and prove how you know more than anyone else wins the day .

giddy up :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:41 am 

stella-azzurra wrote:
KH1 wrote:

I don't mind a bit of reasoned debate either.
Whilst I agree that there is a risk of misuse of the funds provided by sponsors. That was not the proposition I was putting forward - which began to get lost over the course of some meaningless input and wildly irrelevant posting by a serial offender on this forum. It took some effort to try and keep it on track but by the time you decided to chime in I'm afraid the goose was well and truly honking.....

How am I a serial offender? Is it because I disagreed with what you think is the real reason pro cyclists dope? Or is it because I come off as some wanker on here that blurts out the first thing that pops into his head? You probably think the latter and that's fine. :lol:

I simply said that maybe some one else can help you understand my point that's because my response was well though out as is supported by this forum and has been stated in various documentaries by pro cyclists that actually live and breath the sport. Unfortunately you fail to understand simple well though out sentences.

Frankly speaking your idea that pro cyclists dope because the race or event is too hard is utter BS.
That is my point and I have supplied you with factual statements of why I think what you said was BS in my view.

Since you are explicitly singling me out on this forums as a "serial offender" I'd like to know why.
Why am I a "serial offender"? Let's hear it.

Quote:
a desperate need to win some kind of vague argument and prove how you know more than anyone

Thanks artray I couldn't have said it better if I had tried :thumbup:

Add to that no initial point to your one line rejections of another posters comments with no reason and no context and you qualify in my books as a serial offender.

Oh and what happened to you being through with wasting my time? :wink:

Supersix 6.78Kg

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:03 am 

So, without being a smartarse or anything...aren't we about 5ks of topic? Or should we have this renamed 'General Doping and Namecalling thread'? I like what's going on in here in a general sense, but it smells awfully like the threads that get locked down :(

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:25 am 

Have no fear of that SpoonMan. It will all come back on track when 'someone' explains how USPS pressured Lance to dope......

Supersix 6.78Kg

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:14 am 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:42 am 

Anyone see the new episode of South Park on Wednesday? :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:19 pm 

Downloaded and watched the Southpark episode this evening, very good.

One comment is that in the media it is portrayed as just poking fun at Armstrong. In truth it actually pokes as much fun as USADA, the futility of trying to rewrite history and the circus that is the media.

:thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:26 pm 

maquisard wrote:
Downloaded and watched the Southpark episode this evening, very good.

One comment is that in the media it is portrayed as just poking fun at Armstrong. In truth it actually pokes as much fun as USADA, the futility of trying to rewrite history and the circus that is the media.

:thumbup:

Why is it futile? All it's saying is his "wins" were invalid. And that he cheated. His reputation is in tatters so in that sense it very obviously matters.

To know that you're remembered as a liar and cheat is different to being remembered as a champion right?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:31 pm 

If you regard Merckx, Anquetil, Ullrich, Pantani, Indurain, Contador as champions then you should regard Armstrong as one too.

No sense trying to change history retrospectively. It is indeed futile. Even ASO appear to think so as they haven't removed Ullrich's, Riis's or Pantani's names...

Last edited by maquisard on Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:08 pm 

I have to agree with maquisard . You can't pick or choose. I would have let things stand .Now virtually all results will have to be wiped . Are other sporting bodies going to the same . American football , Tennis . Athletics , Baseball etc, etc. This only happens in cycling because it's run by a bunch of co%ks .
Think about what has happened . Nearly every tour winner will have to be wiped from the books if you wipe Armstrongs wins. What a total fu5k up this all is.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:09 pm 

And they also forgot how much they`ve earned because of Lance Armstrong. They - meaning ASO, Nike, Oakley, Sram, Giro, etc....
Seems logical to me, that if LA returns his prize money and other earnings related to his "Tour wins", they should do it too.

TREK Madone 5.9 SL #7
ex COLNAGO C50

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:48 pm 

maquisard wrote:
If you regard Merckx, Anquetil, Ullrich, Pantani, Indurain, Contador as champions then you should regard Armstrong as one too.

No sense trying to change history retrospectively. It is indeed futile. Even ASO appear to think so as they haven't removed Ullrich's, Riis's or Pantani's names...

Not so. Just to take the case of Contador for example:

1. There is no evidence he cheated in each and every TdF win

2. Those TdFs wins for which he did cheat have already been scrubbed

(1) is why USADA very deliberately structured the report to cover each TdF "victory" of LAs.

It's not a case of "he cheated ergo all his results are invalid". It's whether it's reasonable to believe
you cheated to gain an advantage in a particular race.

To reinforce the point, no-one's suggesting LA loses his world race championship are they. Tell me why not.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:50 pm 

majklnajt wrote:
And they also forgot how much they`ve earned because of Lance Armstrong. They - meaning ASO, Nike, Oakley, Sram, Giro, etc....
Seems logical to me, that if LA returns his prize money and other earnings related to his "Tour wins", they should do it too.

Flawed logic ... the sponsors didn't know LA was cheating, or at least will almost certainly be able to defensibly claim that.

Where would you stop ... households compelled to pay part of their retirement savings back?

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:50 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:26 pm 

I admit, good arguments!

TREK Madone 5.9 SL #7
ex COLNAGO C50

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2629 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171 ... 176  Next