USADA Banned Armstrong new Doping Allegations

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

spytech

by spytech

http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/06/ ... ong_223773" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

no Triathlons for lance. from what i understand, they have definitive proof - not from this article, hear say.

ave

by ave

Wow, astonishing news.
http://online.wsj.com/public/resources/ ... ng0613.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If all this true, JB is finished as well.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

crit_racer

by crit_racer

It is great news, but the timing is so wrong. Why must they announce it just before this years Tour, now all the talk by media from countries where cycling is looked upon as being riddled with doping and is second rate will only talk about this. Couldn't they announce it at Christmas when there are no races.

jooo

by jooo

Don't take this the wrong way, in my mind it all happened and I'm not sticking up for any side - but who gives a shit?

I just can't seem to work out why this has come out now and not years ago when people first knew of it. It really doesn't seem as if anything ground breaking has shown up to suddenly prove things now. If people were real cycling fans they'd know all about this by now anyway. The general public are a bunch of chumps who'll probably be shocked and think that people have been mistreated or something :roll:

I guess testimonies from the hearings last year mean witnesses don't want to do time haha.

The only positive I see from this now, is hopefully that the UCI will be looked at with more scrutiny because the coverup side of things seems to be as much of an issue as the doping.

Tapeworm

by Tapeworm

Maybe now we'll see some real evidence rather than rumours, hearsay, general uninformed wild-arsed guesses and speculation offered up so far.

Though I am sure Armstrong has a brigade of high price lawyers to argue every single little bit of evidence presented, certainly any testimony from previous team mates found guilty I see being dismissed.
"Physiology is all just propaganda and lies... all waiting to be disproven by the next study."
"I'm not a real doctor; But I am a real worm; I am an actual worm." - TMBG

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

He can't possibly be banned from doing triathlons outside the US :lol:
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

boysa

by boysa

Tapeworm wrote:Maybe now we'll see some real evidence rather than rumours, hearsay, general uninformed wild-arsed guesses and speculation offered up so far.

I wouldn't count on it. They mention drug tests from '10 and '11... If this is true, why is this the first time we are hearing about it.

I don't know anyone who is more against doping than me, but this is a huge waste of my tax dollars.

Sent from my phone...
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny

jmilliron

by jmilliron

Any word on this?

jmilliron wrote:How is Johan and RSNT impacted by this? Is the team and its current members going to be barred from competing in USA? The Olympics for USA?

This puts Hincapie's retirement in a different light for me. Bet he knew this shit storm was rolling in.

Seems like if Lance is temporally banned, then Johan should be too. Right?
2013 Wilier Cento1 SR || 2009 Ridley Crossbow || 2011 Yeti AS-R 5 Carbon

53x12

by 53x12

stella-azzurra wrote:He can't possibly be banned from doing triathlons outside the US :lol:

He is for any WTC events. Even if outside of the US.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

drmutley

by drmutley

53x12 wrote:
stella-azzurra wrote:He can't possibly be banned from doing triathlons outside the US :lol:

He is for any WTC events. Even if outside of the US.

why? How's that work? And Johan can continue to DS for RS-N-K at the up coming tour?

What a waste of time... Who actually gives a f#%& now? They have already spent squillions on trying to bring him down and nothing has stuck. How about they just donate the money they are now going to waste for absolutely no social gain to his cancer support & research? Wake up USADA, even the anti-Armstrong population is growing tired of this waste & bullshit...

J-Nice

by J-Nice

Tapeworm wrote:Though I am sure Armstrong has a brigade of high price lawyers to argue every single little bit of evidence presented, certainly any testimony from previous team mates found guilty I see being dismissed.

Not so fast.

Landis and Hamilton fit the bill, but if they have testimony from eight other riders (count 'em, EIGHT) mentioned in the USADA document, including that bastion of credibility and all-around nice guy George Hincapie and Armstrong's very own ex-wife, then the testimony of both disgraced ex-riders will hold equal weight.

Lack of credibility has never been a hindrance when it comes to to testifying about the malfeasances of others, especially when all were involved in the same conspiracy.
Check out the latest controversies in sport-

http://berzin.blogspot.com/

Tapeworm

by Tapeworm

boysa wrote:I wouldn't count on it. They mention drug tests from '10 and '11... If this is true, why is this the first time we are hearing about it.

Because normally an accountable lab doing testing, which will constitute evidence of a criminal or civil nature, does not release details of their findings to the media. It will form part of a brief of evidence.

It has been one of the reasons why I have been sceptical of "evidence" from labs in the past which has hit the media before going to the correct authorities. If the lab can't be trusted the integrity of everything they have done is then brought into doubt. They may well have found EPO in Sample A but if a lab tech runs off to the media in the first instance, leaking the information to the media (for a price?) it corrupts the whole process.

The fact we haven't heard about these recent samples is a good sign in my book. This action would not be launched on a couple bits of circumstantial evidence or a testimony from an un-reliable witness. There will be something solid.... I hope.
"Physiology is all just propaganda and lies... all waiting to be disproven by the next study."

Jameslee92

by Jameslee92

jmilliron wrote:Seems like if Lance is temporally banned, then Johan should be too. Right?

Don't forget Johan isn't a DS, he is the General Manager. The best they could do is keep him out of the car. He will still be able to tell Horner that Abandony has a better chance of being on the tour squad even with a broken back.

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

I think they got testimony from the Pope too!

This is just like an episode of the old Batman. I used to watch it (not when it first aired btw) every day with my brother. How the hell is Batman going to get out this one? :noidea: No way hes done. :twisted:

Tune in next time, same bat time, same bat channel.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tapeworm

by Tapeworm

J-Nice wrote:
Tapeworm wrote:Though I am sure Armstrong has a brigade of high price lawyers to argue every single little bit of evidence presented, certainly any testimony from previous team mates found guilty I see being dismissed.

Not so fast.

Landis and Hamilton fit the bill, but if they have testimony from eight other riders (count 'em, EIGHT) mentioned in the USADA document, including that bastion of credibility and all-around nice guy George Hincapie and Armstrong's very own ex-wife, then the testimony of both disgraced ex-riders will hold equal weight.

Lack of credibility has never been a hindrance when it comes to to testifying about the malfeasances of others, especially when all were involved in the same conspiracy.

You haven't been to many trials then?

Experience tells me no-ones credibility is beyond question, and it takes the slightest of cracks to then cast doubt, and the evidence effctively expunged.