USADA Banned Armstrong new Doping Allegations

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

artray

by artray

I heard he had special bar tape :lol:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MattSoutherden

by MattSoutherden

These eleven (11) teammates of Lance Armstrong, in alphabetical order, are Frankie Andreu, Michael Barry, Tom Danielson, Tyler Hamilton, George Hincapie, Floyd Landis, Levi Leipheimer, Stephen Swart, Christian Vande Velde, Jonathan Vaughters and David Zabriskie.

The riders who participated in the USPS Team doping conspiracy and truthfully assisted have been courageous in making the choice to stop perpetuating the sporting fraud, and they have suffered greatly. In addition to the public revelations, the active riders have been suspended and disqualified appropriately in line with the rules.

So, Big George had already pulled the plug. I guess Barry, Danielson, Leipheimer, CVV, and DZ are gonners now, too?
Last edited by MattSoutherden on Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Snacking on carrot sticks - Where did it all go so wrong?
-
Finsbury Park CC

dynaserve

by dynaserve

Barry has already retired

MattSoutherden

by MattSoutherden

I thought he was expecting to ride Beijing.

I see that Sky are there with half a team, though. So maybe he was pulled from the lineup when they knew this was going to come out?
Snacking on carrot sticks - Where did it all go so wrong?
-
Finsbury Park CC

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

Statement has just been released by USADA, keep an eye on the news wires.

Full dossier will be available here: http://www.usada.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for those with a few weeks to spare
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

artray

by artray

Three other members of the USPS Team have chosen to contest the charges and take their cases to arbitration: Johan Bruyneel, the team director; Dr. Pedro Celaya, a team doctor; and Jose “Pepe” Marti, the team trainer.

This is when it's going to get good .

SolidSnake03

by SolidSnake03

So are all the people still thinking it was a useless witch hunt going to eat crow now? Sorry but that line up of people testifying is about as damning as your going to find especially with Big George who in the statement just released backed up his stance....

Looks like the witch hunt turned out to actually find a Witch... :unbelievable:
Looks like I made a new 90 Proof friend

geraldatwork

by geraldatwork

SolidSnake03 wrote:So are all the people still thinking it was a useless witch hunt going to eat crow now? Sorry but that line up of people testifying is about as damning as your going to find especially with Big George who in the statement just released backed up his stance....

Looks like the witch hunt turned out to actually find a Witch... :unbelievable:

George is a class act
"Really fast people are frustrating, but they make you faster. When you get faster, you might frustrate someone else."

2009 Trek Madone 5.5 Project One SRAM Force 16.4 lbs w/pedals and cages.
2007 Bianchi 928 Carbon Lugged- SRAM Rival-17 lbs.

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

http://www.usada.org/cyclinginvestigationstatement.html wrote:Today, we are sending the ‘Reasoned Decision’ in the Lance Armstrong case and supporting information to the Union Cycliste International (UCI), the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA), and the World Triathlon Corporation (WTC). The evidence shows beyond any doubt that the US Postal Service Pro Cycling Team ran the most sophisticated, professionalized and successful doping program that sport has ever seen.
The entire factual and legal basis on the outcome in his case and the other six active riders’ cases will be provided in the materials made available online later today.
Well, let's see the evidence. But regardless of how strong its case against Armstrong is, perhaps USADA should refrain from exaggerated claims. How can the evidence show beyond any doubt that "the US Postal Service Pro Cycling Team ran the most sophisticated, professionalized and successful doping program that sport has ever seen"? Does USADA have "beyond any doubt" proof that no other team or entity (in any sport, mind you) ever ran a more sophisticated, professionalized, or successful doping program than US Postal Service Pro Cycling Team?

And just to save him the trouble,
In response, mdeth1313 would have wrote:typical

J-Nice

by J-Nice

Teammates who testified-

Frankie Andreu
Michael Barry
Tom Danielson
Tyler Hamilton
George Hincapie
Floyd Landis
Levi Leipheimer
Stephen Swart
Christian Vande Veld
Jonathan Vaughters
David Zabriskie

Teammates from above list who received 6-month suspensions-Leipheimer, Vande Velde, Zabriskie, Danielson, Barry and Hincapie.

Add non-teammates, including team staff and others, for a grand total of 26 people who testified.

Drink forth from the cup of truth, ladies and gentlemen-

Check out the latest controversies in sport-

http://berzin.blogspot.com/

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

I'm expecting each one of them to put out a book in the next year or so.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

J-Nice wrote:Teammates from above list who received 6-month suspensions-Leipheimer, Vande Velde, Zabriskie, Danielson, Barry and Hincapie.
6 months - how convenient. They'll be able to ride in the Tour of California and all Grand Tours next year, so no real harm done.

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Except Barry and Hicapie retired. Leipheimer might be next.
And Vande Velde, Zabriskie, and Danielson would not be too far behind.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

J-Nice

by J-Nice

Here is the USADA reasoned decision-

http://www.scribd.com/doc/109619079/Reasoned-Decision" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Check out the latest controversies in sport-

http://berzin.blogspot.com/

boysa

by boysa

geraldatwork wrote:George is a class act

How do you figure? He's a doper. He broke the rules. Either he's a piece of garbage like the rest of them, or they all should be forgiven because they did what was necessary to compete in a sport they loved.

It's one or the other. I don't see any gray lines here.
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com