Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:34 pm
Recently the board software has been updated and there are some known bugs/failures:
- Avatars are currently not being displayed ✔ FIXED
- Tapatalk connection is currently broken ✔ FIXED
- Avatars cannot be uploaded ✔ FIXED

Please note that we will soon do some changes in WW board template design in case to get a fully mobile/desktop responsiveness board!
If you find more errors please post it here: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=139062

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Where to buy THM in UK?
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:16 pm 

OK so I've phoned Poshbikes, was asked to email with specific requirements - bb30/175mm, that was three days and two more emails ago, no reply from anyone :noidea:

Anyone know of any other UK shops able to supply Clavicula's?

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:32 pm 

Tommy - I think it's only Poshbikes. You've had the same problems as others. Frankly, they are a dead loss.

You would be better ordering from our hosts Starbike. I've dealt with them a number of times without issue.

Posted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:32 pm 

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 11:29 pm 

I would tell them them that you will only deal with them by phone . Your spending some dosh . Where the fu%k is there customer service ? I would tell them that. Do They want your business? I mean Fu%king Emails. Go Starbikes and send PB an email telling them that. If you and me and the rest of us ww don't say anything then we will always be getting treated like sh%t . Good Luck with your cranks

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 7:23 am 

This has been an ongoing problem for many years now with Poshbikes. I bought stuff from them and had delays and non-answers. I then started buying through Starbike without issue. My experience in Europe has been positive: Extralite (Sergio Riva) and Bikeonline.it (Davide Gentile) have always been good to deal with.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 1:46 pm 

I'm from the US and order my THM M3 with our host Starbike last week. They were very prompt in letting me know the available and shipped date of the crank. Hopefully it will be a good experience.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:46 pm 

I've never had a problem with Poshbikes in the past.
But I tried calling them today reagrding an order I placed with them last Friday and I get a message saying that the phone number does not exist !! :noidea:

worrying now

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:20 am 

Yes there was a problem with their phone yesterday but it was back on by late afternoon. They were changing premesis and the phones were being transfered over. The new place is really cool with a superb showroom and proper reception.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:11 pm 

:thumbup:

Still no BB for me will have to give them a ring on Wed. Good job theres now a delay on my new frame. The cycling industry is terrible isnt it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:37 am 
in the industry

UKpaul wrote:
:thumbup:

Still no BB for me will have to give them a ring on Wed. Good job theres now a delay on my new frame. The cycling industry is terrible isnt it.
No it is not. Please don't tar us all with the same brush.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:49 pm 

"No it is not. Please don't tar us all with the same brush"
But look at the posts on this sight and the odds are not on your side .

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:02 pm 
in the industry

artray wrote:
"No it is not. Please don't tar us all with the same brush"
But look at the posts on this sight and the odds are not on your side .

The flaw in your argument is that people rarely post about the positive experiences they've had, disappointed customers are much more likely to post to warn, enquire or vent about problematic transactions.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:57 pm 

People are certainly more motivated to talk about bad experiences, it is true.

But then that is useful as it warns others as to who it might be best to avoid.

Anyway, it is amazing when you make a sales inquiry of a shop for £700+ worth gear and they advise you to "just order them off the Internet" (I'm looking at you On Your Bike London Bridge).

That said, I gave them another chance and asked for a price for a Cannondale SuperSix Evo Di2- and this time they didn't respond at all.

Sterling customer service I am sure you will agree.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:53 pm 

ultimobici , you make a good point and I accept that, but from personal experiences and from fellow riders and also threads on many bike sights there is an issue with cyclists and the way they are dealt with. You really have to go at it to get any customer satisfaction. I had some zipp carbon bars snap on me , it took over 6 months before they were replaced by zipp and I had to go straight to zipp as the dealer I got them from was sh&t . I then had to wait for zipp to examine the bars etc etc. They really strung it out hoping I would go away. Im also taking my old bike shop to small claims court. One of the issues was they put some new pedals on my crank and overtightened and wrecked the thread , I witnessed this . They then blamed the crankset .saying "it was very light and was only meant to last for a short while" The problem is there a loads and loads of issues with nearly all the bike co's and bike parts co's and why should we pat some one on the back for giving us the service we pay for .

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:41 pm 

artray wrote:
why should we pat some one on the back for giving us the service we pay for .

Respect and common decency, that is why.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:10 pm 

I dont have a problem with the guys running shops. Its the distributors that are letting them down. I've been oin my LBS when the guys have made orders.
Heres an example. Cannondale rep walks into my LBS after a chat he tells me there are 3 Evo frames in my size in the country. LBS phones the guy personally about 3 hours later to confirm I will take one.
Great I thought. Guy on the phone takes the order says as usual the bike will be with us in 3-5 days.
10 days later after a few phone calls ooops sorry weve sold them.

I also remember when I got the brand new Dura Ace 7800 groupset all the parts came in yet had to wait and wait for the pedals ??

Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:10 pm