Argelès-sur-Mer

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

markyboy

by markyboy

Hi guys,i am off to france soon Argelès-sur-Mer :D do any of you guys know or have any good routes
i could have for my garmin?
:beerchug:
COLNAGO C60 SUPER RECORD EPS
Pinarello f8 sram etap
Eddy merckx 69 ultegra disc winter bike

by Weenie

Exar

by Exar

You'll have to take your car, but you can do a nice loop starting in Arles-Sur-Tech, up into the mountains, you'll find quiet roads and great views. The main road into Spain (to Le Perthus) is really, really crowded.
Chains to the right!

Biff

by Biff

The coastal road over Cerbere into Spain is a nice ride.Once in Spain there are several options to do a loop.From Banyuls you can also go into Spain over Col de Banyuls:Short climb but very steep on the last kilometer.Beware of the "cattle traps" in the road on the spanish side on the descent.One would´nt wan´t to hit those at high speed :shock: .There is also the Madeloc climb which is steepest from the south side out of Banyuls.Again a short but quite scenic climb on small roads...There is a turn towards the top at 500 heightmeters which you should´nt take unless you have mountainbike gearing :!: .Or like Exar mentioned go inland to Arles s/ Tech or Prats de Mollo for some longer climbs..Plenty of options