What is the best way to clean cycling shoes?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

GambadiLegno

by GambadiLegno

AW84 wrote:
GambadiLegno wrote:White shoes: Degreaser with a rag. Completely white after that. I've been doing it with my Ekoi R1 shoes and they're white and alive.

Do you use a clothing/fabric-specific type of degreaser?

Is just a regular old clothing detergent suitable, or are you guys using some specific type of soap?

So sorry mate, I don't know why notifications didn't work for me and I've seen this now :oops:

I use the same as for the chain.

kgt

by kgt

I put my Gaerne in the washing machine for the first time (sport shoes program) two weeks ago. Came out great.

by Weenie

ion10

by ion10

Hello
Here are simple steps which you can follow to clean your shoes:
1. Make a paste with 1 tablespoon (14.8 ml) baking soda and 1/2 tablespoon each of hydrogen peroxide and warm water.
2. Take a scrub brush or a toothbrush, dip it in the baking soda solution, and scrub the stains.
3. Allow the baking soda solution to dry on the shoe for at least thirty minutes.

ashley1234

by ashley1234

Hi,

On the off chance that you've recently got over from an especially wet and sloppy ride, an ideal approach to tidy up is to take after these means:

1. Flush off any mud in the chilly water.

2. Splash shoes with a stain remover (or drench them in a weakened stain remover arrangement) and abandon them to douse for an hour or two.

3. Brush or back rub under running high temp water.

4. For drying, stuff the shoes with daily paper or kitchen towel to drench up overabundance water and re-shape.

5. Leave them to dry before a cool fan overnight.

MikeD

by MikeD

If your shoes have leather, you've got problems. Otherwise, washing machine, kitchen sink, hose, bucket with soapy water...