Neutral Kit Group Buy

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

kevinkalis

by kevinkalis

So, after seeing the thread on clothing mismatched with bikes and the fredness of wearing pro team kit, what's the consensus on doing a group buy for some neutral cycling kit.

I was thinking something along these lines, as this site doesn't seem to be taking orders anymore:

http://unattachedrider.com/
K2

Do you suffer more when you train, or cannot train?

mrfish

by mrfish

If you want something neutral, why not get something with no logos / wordmarks / urls / strange sayings other than a small maker's logo? Available off the peg from pretty much any manufacturer (OK, maybe not Primal Wear) in a wide range of colours with your favourite chamois.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Unattached Rider is not a neutral kit. The whole point of Unattached is a reference to racing: when you are racing without a team, you are riding "unattached."

A neutral kit would be one without any prominent logos, mostly solid colour scheme, and so forth.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

PoorCyclist

by PoorCyclist

I just buy matching kit from Garneau or Capo etc..
they look better with minimal wording.

Privateer

by Privateer

Yes, there's lots of nice plain kit out there... but I'd be very interested in a group buy of Castelli San Remo speed suits.

I recently bought one and it's the best piece of cycling kit I've ever owned. It's truly an inspired idea.

Unfortunately it's absolutely plastered with the Castelli logo. The only other off-the-peg option is Garmin Team colour scheme, which is obviously out of the question.

You can get them in a custom design though. I've made some enquiries- the price should be less than the retail price of the off-the-peg option.

Is anyone interested in a group buy with a plain white top and black shorts, with no logos or graphics of any kind?

Zitter

by Zitter

All my kits are Capo (team and nonteam) and I like how they're not flashy but still stands out. The cut, quality, and fabrics are superb

http://www.capocycling.com/apparel/mens-apparel/drago

roca rule

by roca rule

Privateer wrote:Yes, there's lots of nice plain kit out there... but I'd be very interested in a group buy of Castelli San Remo speed suits.

I recently bought one and it's the best piece of cycling kit I've ever owned. It's truly an inspired idea.

Unfortunately it's absolutely plastered with the Castelli logo. The only other off-the-peg option is Garmin Team colour scheme, which is obviously out of the question.

You can get them in a custom design though. I've made some enquiries- the price should be less than the retail price of the off-the-peg option.

Is anyone interested in a group buy with a plain white top and black shorts, with no logos or graphics of any kind?

i like castelli, and i would love a black and white kit; send a pm.

milkbaby

by milkbaby

I really would like a Castelli San Remo suit in pure white... That would look awesome.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Privateer

by Privateer

The minimum order for Castelli custom is 10 pieces. The price for a Speedsuit, on the basis of a 10 piece order (including the graphics etc charges), would be £162.50 plus shipping.

This compares to a retail price of £230, or £207 through Wiggle (though they don't have many in stock):
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/castelli-sanremo-speedsuit/

If we were to do a group buy we could also get other Castelli jerseys and shorts at similarly discounted prices, provided the 10 piece minimum was met.

They use a base black fabric for the shorts, so they have to be black.

EDIT: that is the maximum price- it would decrease proportionate to the number of pieces actually ordered.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

I'd be in for it, design pending.

beardking

by beardking

I'm also interested

etownfwd

by etownfwd

I'm in too, but do you have any idea what the colors and/or design will be?

-efwd

Privateer

by Privateer

My thoughts on the design is, essentially, no design. Plain white top, plain black shorts.

People can then apply any sponsor logos, club names etc that they want using heat transfers.

I'm open to suggestions though.

So far it seems we have at least 5 people interested. We're halfway there. Any more takers?

kevinkalis

by kevinkalis

Privateer wrote:My thoughts on the design is, essentially, no design. Plain white top, plain black shorts.

People can then apply any sponsor logos, club names etc that they want using heat transfers.

I'm open to suggestions though.

So far it seems we have at least 5 people interested. We're halfway there. Any more takers?

I'm in 90% agreement, I need some colour on the bib shorts, something like this:
http://www.probikekit.com/uk/clothing/cycling-clothing/cycling-shorts/pearl-izumi-attack-cycling-bib-short.html
K2

Do you suffer more when you train, or cannot train?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Privateer

by Privateer

So far I have 7 people possibly interested:
- Privateer
- Kevinkalis
- etownfwd
- beardking
- Tinea Pedis
- milkbaby ? (shorts can't be white- still interested?)
- roca rule

I'll take 2, so we're close to our 10 order minimum.

Here's the response I got when I asked about printing on the shorts:
Also to note, we are unable to print on the on side panels of the Sanremo Bodypaint shorts. We use a heat transfer vinyl, but minimum quantites are 80 units to have this option. So, most people take this as a plain short.

So, black shorts, white top.