2012 Road World Championship - Limburg. Who is going?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

Just a few weeks until we make our move to the Netherlands. Our plans are still to spend the week in the Limburg area for Worlds. Who else is planning to attend? Let's make plans for a Weenie get-together... or at least a borrel.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

One week until we arrive in the Netherlands. We're still planning to be at the World Championships. A good friend of mine will be the English-speaking announcer for the races. I am hoping to provide him with a bike to ride while he is there, but I am not certain my bikes will arrive in time. I need to come up with a backup plan. Does anyone have a spare 56cm road bike they might be willing to lend to a great guy with UCI credentials? Please let me know.

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

We'll be there Friday. Which weenies are up for a beer?

delsol

by delsol

xnavalav8r wrote:We'll be there Friday. Which weenies are up for a beer?

I am always up for beer.
I live in Limburg.
I am going to the timetrail on Wednesday in Heerlen.
weight weenie wannabee

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

I'll be trying to see all the races, but I have some work-related things to do in Schinnen while I am in the area. If we can organize a weenie ride, that would be fantastic.

Any takers? Send me a message and we can try and coordinate something.

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

We had a great day today riding around Limburg, through Valkenburg, and over the Cauberg. It was pretty special to be with my 8 year old son and have so many people cheering for him. We would up being used as "medal winners" while officials, presenters, and podium girls rehearsed the awards ceremonies. It's the only time I will ever stand on a world championship podium. Photos to follow...

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Did the rehearsal include podium girls kissing you and (your lady killer - remember the TV interview) son? If so, did Mrs. xnavalav8r witness it, and if so, is she about to become Ms. ex-xnavalav8r?

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

Nah, today was rehearsal for the trade team TTT podium presentations. Apparently there will not be any kisses on the podium tomorrow.

Fortunately, my Mrs. has a good sense of humor about such things. So we would have been OK anyway.

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

I'm not a professional photographer, but here is an album of pics from the TTT.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 5b02224f24

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Thanks! How do you like our humble country so far?
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

Eekz

by Eekz

I'll be in Meerssen on Saterday and Sunday..

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

We're having a great time so far. We're going to enjoy our stay here.

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

A good blog from my friend Richard, the announcer.

http://richardfries.blogspot.nl/

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

I didn't get a lot of photos from the elite men's TT... and completely missed the women's TTs due to work requirements. I'll post what I have soon. The race was epic. It was very exciting to be at the finish when Taylor Phinney and Tony Martin were so close. Taylor was clearly disappointed to have missed the win by so close a margin. But he rode a spectacular race. Some of the other big names were clearly off yesterday. I wonder if they decided, once they knew they were out of contention, to just soft-pedal the course and save their legs for the road race.

I rode from Brunssum to Valkenburg towing my 2-year-old in a loaded trailer that weighed about 100 pounds. They wouldn't let us up along the Cauberg to the finish area, so I had to lock up the rig and leave it in Valkenburg, then hike up to the finish carrying the day's necessities in a backpack and my son on my shoulders... about a 10 km round trip. Then had to ride back to Brunssum. Fortunately we were well-prepared for the infamous Dutch weather... which dumped cold rain and wind on us. Needless to say, my legs are a bit heavy today.

No racing today, but we have a lunch date with Team USA.

More to follow...