Oakley's: Jawbone vs. Radar Path

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Jawbone or Radar Path?

Jawbone
18%
Radar Path
78%
Other (please specify)
4%

Total votes: 45

ww4

by ww4

Jawbone suit's me better.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Guerdi

by Guerdi

Since the newest Oakley glasses don't feature an hydrophobic coating anymore, I'd say save your money and go with the good ol' M Frames. In white with Jade glasses they are nice.

For me the hydrophobic coating was THE selling point, as it works very well in the rain. Now you have to make it yourself using the little bottle, but the results are not as good as I'd like to.

SolidSnake03

by SolidSnake03

Guerdi wrote:Since the newest Oakley glasses don't feature an hydrophobic coating anymore, I'd say save your money and go with the good ol' M Frames. In white with Jade glasses they are nice.

For me the hydrophobic coating was THE selling point, as it works very well in the rain. Now you have to make it yourself using the little bottle, but the results are not as good as I'd like to.

I'm pretty sure the Radar's and Jawbones still have the coating already on them. I saw a demo video online of the Radar's with the coating and all the Jawbones have the little H stickers on the lenses that I have seen at least....

Anyone else have experience with this? I could have sworn they were hydrophobic still
Looks like I made a new 90 Proof friend

Liggero

by Liggero

I own both. I like more the radar because you never notice any frame. Jawbones are nicer if you have to wear them out of the bike an dlooks kind of cooler i guess, but radar performance is better i think. Perforated lenses are a no go for me, having the sun entering there makes little sense to me, i hate it.
Happy Trails !!!

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

SolidSnake03 wrote:
Guerdi wrote:Since the newest Oakley glasses don't feature an hydrophobic coating anymore, I'd say save your money and go with the good ol' M Frames. In white with Jade glasses they are nice.

I'm pretty sure the Radar's and Jawbones still have the coating already on them. I saw a demo video online of the Radar's with the coating and all the Jawbones have the little H stickers on the lenses that I have seen at least....

Anyone else have experience with this? I could have sworn they were hydrophobic still

I remember hearing that too, but every Oakley lens I have purchased recently still has the hydrophobic coating on it.

SolidSnake03

by SolidSnake03

So I bought a pair of Oakley Jawbones in a custom BMC color scheme from Arts
and the fit is 10x better than the Radar's without a doubt. The lenses sit much closer to my face and I can't fit even my smallest finger between the glasses and my face. I will take them out on a ride tomorrow when I get the chance but so far the fit is vastly improved. :mrgreen:
Looks like I made a new 90 Proof friend