Let's talk about proper socks. Nice socks. Euro socks.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

Only have a handful of rides on Defeet's Cyclismo socks. So far, so good! I like 'em.

http://www.defeet.com/60305/i1323447/71 ... lismo.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Johnny Rad on Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

dgasmd

by dgasmd

For me nothing beats Assos socks. I have tried every brand named here already and others and still this is above and beyond. Frankly, when I first ordered a pair I thought I was wasting and burning money. I mean, how different can possibly one pair be from another? Well, night and day............ :beerchug:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LeePaton

by LeePaton

Trusox!!!

Can't recommend them enough for any type of sport tbh, stops your feet moving about in the shoe or sock meaning power isn't wasted.

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

When talking about socks and their function as a contact point, I get it. Cushion, wicking, slipping, bunching... all seem like valid points in a discussion about performance. But color and cuff height seems like personal preference to me. When did we become "fashion weenies"?

This thread makes me want to start riding in socks that don't match.

bricky21

by bricky21

Been going on for quite some time now. No shortage of glamour boy threads in the road forum. I think it all started with Rapha ? OK gotta run I'm off to get highlights that will coordinate with my frame decals :P :roll: :P :roll:

Liggero

by Liggero

xnavalav8r wrote:When talking about socks and their function as a contact point, I get it. Cushion, wicking, slipping, bunching... all seem like valid points in a discussion about performance. But color and cuff height seems like personal preference to me. When did we become "fashion weenies"?

This thread makes me want to start riding in socks that don't match.

Man, style is everything. also it can provide confidence, thus it can improve performace. With a socks in style, you will go faster. There are lot of scientific research about this topic already.
Happy Trails !!!

jmilliron

by jmilliron

Swiftwick.
2013 Wilier Cento1 SR || 2009 Ridley Crossbow || 2011 Yeti AS-R 5 Carbon

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Anonymous wrote:Man, style is everything. also it can provide confidence, thus it can improve performace. With a socks in style, you will go faster. There are lot of scientific research about this topic already.

Anonymous wrote:Trusox!!!Can't recommend them enough for any type of sport tbh, stops your feet moving about in the shoe or sock meaning power isn't wasted.

You guys are the best it's like fish in a barrel when you post stuff like this. :lol: It 's so entertaining!!!.

I will bet a large sum of money that there is a thread on the other cycling forums entitled:

"Stupid things you heard on Weight Weenies." :beerchug:
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

veganeric

by veganeric

My favorites are the Defeet Aiereators. However, now I'm curious about Swiftwick. Which style (line, not cuff height) is the winner for cycling?

CerveloBert

by CerveloBert

I have all sorts of socks from 2XU compression socks to just the regular Hanes cotton socks. I find that I never really paid attention to the comfort regarding this piece of clothing and if it hasn't bothered me enough for me to pay attention to it - then I guess it's all good.

Champion - White - Low cut sucks. Easy.

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

Yup, anything, as long as it is thin.

Riding low cut white socks picked up at WalMart recently. They work fine.
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

Liggero

by Liggero

In my case, I appreciate some cushion on the socks because I use sidi shoes, and I don't know why but, if I change the inner sole for a thicker one, it always hurts my feet, therefore I must keep original inner soles and try to get a more cushion like socks.

Gore socks work really well. Aireator by defeet too, but they are a bit too thin. I´m curious now to try Assos socks, which are easy to find in Europe. Most of the brands recommended here are not easy to find in Europe. This forum has turned quite American lately, right? nice.
Happy Trails !!!

mjduct

by mjduct

this is weight weenies right? socks just weight you down!!!

I go commando down there!

Arky

by Arky

stella-azzurra wrote:"Stupid things you heard on Weight Weenies." :beerchug:

Things are so stupid in one of those forums that you cannot even understand what they are talking about anymore. They have developed their own vocabulary and bizarre sense of humor. It is a forum for the insane.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Dov

by Dov

Rapha Pro Team socks!
Amazing. Buy a 3 pack and you only pay for 2 pairs.
Brooklyn Gangsta V4 with DXR
Cannondale CAAD 10 Track
Cielo Classic Sportif U8000
Cinelli Supercorsa DA9000
Colnago C64 R12
Concorde DA7800
DeRosa Nuovo Classico SR12
Eddy Mercks Corsa Extra Ch12
Felt F1 DA9050
Trek L500

Long time supporter of Rapha
Strava