Geometry question -Langster to System Six - Help!!

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Honestly I would not take measurements using the Zinn method. Does not seem accurate to me.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

Dammit

by Dammit

I just bought a 58cm Langster as my general around town beater, so it looks like I will be looking at the fit question also.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

eordman

by eordman

Don't forget that the reach of the handlebars may be different. Also might be different widths. Perhaps not much but it still has an impact. Could make +/- 10mm difference in seat to hoods reach.

JesseD

by JesseD

Contact points will be the same, FSA Wing Pro Compact bars, Fizik Anteres Saddle, Shimano pedals. I am going to build mine up with some second hand Sram parts, prob a mix of Force/Red from eBay, get some handbuilt wheels for training and then try and get some 60/80 mm carbon rims from somewhere with 24/28 spoke holes and build them up on a pair of eastin bubs I already have knocking about froma damaged pair of wheels. The bike will be a crit bike so I want everything to be cheap to replace but also as light as poss, as I want it to be responsive but given the standard of bike handling in some of the races I have taken part in I probably will have an off at some point.

Alos looking to respray it as well as there are small imperfections in the laquer, I was going to go for matt black but its been done to death, so am thinking high gloss red with black decals, inside of forks in black and a black stripe down the top tube, bar tape and saddle will also be black, what do you think?

Dammit

by Dammit

Both 58cm, the Langster is 1.6kg heavier.