desperation...seeking help

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

RippedUp

by RippedUp

Hey guys,

I happened to log on to my husband weight weenies chat, coz i figured you would all be more useful then a shrink,
We just got married and i completely understood that while saying my vows i would be marrying my husband, as well as the bike i.e the pina, the parlee, the time trial, etc..... etc.... and etc... but i did not realize the extent of the disease! its fatal... we got married and the marriage ended then,

During the week he works, at night at home he either talks about the week end rides, googles new bikes, washes and caresses his bike or chat with you freaks on this site, on saturday he rides, its the big ride , on sunday there is the recovery from saturday ride, in between, there is the obsessions w food, the aches and pains, and the extended our of sleep, sex.... did anyone say sex... well that may hinder the ride ! Its a wonderful life!

Thank you for hearing my vent ! if anyone has any comments!... not that i want him to stop his passion, its a passion after all not a career, but maybe if i was a passion it would not be so bad...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Rick

by Rick

RippedUp wrote:Hey guys,
During the week he works, at night at home he either talks about the week end rides, googles new bikes, washes and caresses his bike or chat with you freaks on this site, .....

Thank you for hearing my vent ! if anyone has any comments!... .

That is a big problem that many of us struggle with.
Maybe if you took a second job he wouldn't have to work during the week. :thumbup:

Snabb

by Snabb

Rick wrote:
RippedUp wrote:Hey guys,
During the week he works, at night at home he either talks about the week end rides, googles new bikes, washes and caresses his bike or chat with you freaks on this site, .....

Thank you for hearing my vent ! if anyone has any comments!... .

That is a big problem that many of us struggle with.
Maybe if you took a second job he wouldn't have to work during the week. :thumbup:

+1 :beerchug:
Ride lots!

astranoc

by astranoc

You should tell him that sex is the breakfast of champions.

Rick wrote:Maybe if you took a second job he wouldn't have to work during the week. :thumbup:

Leviathan

by Leviathan

Im not sure if this is a wind-up, but youve got to be aware this is a forum priding itself on its macho image and hardman approach to cycling, as if theres something macho about 130lb midgets with shaved legs wearing skintight lycra...with many borderline obsessives (I still love the quote " I dont like riding my bike so much as I do polishing it"). Therefore youre probably gonna get all kinds of stupid answers that will merely serve to concrete the view that your new husband is perhaps a general in the confederacy of dunces, so dont look here for support.

Only helpful thing I can say is you need to talk to him, not us. And if you decide, as a petrolheads wife did to his prized Lotus car, to put his pride and joy bikes on ebay for a dollar to teach him a lesson, send me an email first?

quattrings

by quattrings

*gets the popcorn
Last edited by quattrings on Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

Locking this one, for obvious reasons.

Original poster, PM me for clarifications if necessary.
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.