Lupine Rotlicht rear light - 160 lumens

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

bangkok

by bangkok

Of interest to those who ride in the dark and need to be seen ...

The latest from Lupine, the Rotlicht (Redlight) ... 160 lumens! Very very bright!

[url]http://www.lupine.de/eng/products/rear-tail-lights/rotlicht
[/url]
There's a brake sensor function that's easily disabled, and the light functions in traditional fashion. Well made.

Compared to Exposure Blaze; weighs less, costs less: 50g vs 80g, EUR 75 vs EUR 95 at EU bike sites. And twice as bright.

I got two.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

uraqt

by uraqt

When my blaze dies (if it dies), Rotlicht will be on the short list : ) Rotlicht is kinda new you might be one of the 1st to have one !!!

C

HillRPete

by HillRPete

I have not tried the Lupine, and am a proponent of quality lighting. Especially in urban areas with lots of ambient light, brightness is key not to be overlooked. But in a dark environment, the Target Fixation effect kicks in when the lighting is too strong, and that can be dangerous.

www.visualexpert.com/Resources/motheffect.html

sawyer

by sawyer

I've just taken delivery of one of these. Yet to use it properly.

First impressions are of something very well made and supremely bright for a rear - put it this way, beside a Smart 1W and Blackburn whatever it is both with new Duracell batteries it is night and (red) day.

Retina burningly bright.
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup: