Bike Busters of Denmark experience?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

ksroadie

by ksroadie

Anyone had experience ordering from Bike Busters in Denmark? Considering ordering some out of production handlebars they still have in stock. Shipping to the USA is really pricey ($80.00) for what should be a modest size and light package. If they are reliable, still might be worth it as I haven't been able to find the bars anywhere else.

Thanks!

ChristianB

by ChristianB

If we are talking www.bikebuster.dk I have used on more than a few occasion. They are OK. Sometimes a little slow in responding and I had a few issues with some clothes that was obviously second-grade (is that the correct expression for items with faults?) But nothing that wasn't solved.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fitty4

by fitty4

I have had no issues with them. The stuff that I have ordered always took at least 3 days before they would send it. And yes, shipping outside of Europe is expensive.

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

ChristianB wrote:If we are talking http://www.bikebuster.dk I have used on more than a few occasion. They are OK. Sometimes a little slow in responding and I had a few issues with some clothes that was obviously second-grade (is that the correct expression for items with faults?) But nothing that wasn't solved.
It sounds like you are talking about what in the U.S. are called "factory seconds" http://www.ehow.com/facts_7598110_facto ... -mean.html . Factory seconds are normally sold at a discount to reflect their imperfect condition, and stores which sell them should be listing them as such. It is not proper for a store or website to be selling clothing items as new, without mention of their (cosmetic) defects, and I would not do business with any store or website I believed to be engaged in such practice. Of course, the store or website will purchase factory seconds items at a discount to what they would pay for new non-defective merchandise.

Do you believe bikebusters was trying to misrepresent factory second clothing as new non-defective clothing? I suppose it is possible that bikebusters purchased factory seconds, unbeknownst to them, and then shipped them to customers without realizing it. It's also possible that the clothes were not defective when shipped from the factory, but some amount of wear and tear occurred prior to sale to you, or that bikebusters sold you items which had been sold, damaged, and returned.

Please clarify what happened in your case.

ChristianB

by ChristianB

@Hammertime: Thanks for clearing up the terms, I think that was the term I was looking for.
Well it is hard to tell what goes on behind the scenes in an online store, but since the items were significantly discounted I would be surprised if they were not aware of this. They did sort it out for me though, but obviously this is not a good way of conducting business and would be highly annoying if you were not situated close to the store. I should probably have been clearer about this in my post.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Regardless of the discount, it is not proper to sell factory second merchandise without indicating that it is.