Leg warmers for long, slim legs

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

MrSkinny

by MrSkinny

I found a discussion dated back to 2008 about "Tights for fairly long, super skinny legs?" and I have a similar problem: I'm looking for new leg warmers for my "skinny" legs. While I'm not as tall as the original poster, my legs are even longer: 87cm. I have an old pair of Adidas leg warmers (which are 73cm long), but those aren't made anymore, and anything I tried locally (Pearl Izumi, Performance, ...) is too short. Unfortunately, most online bike shops don't list the length of the warmers, and the very few that do list something like 54cm for size small.

Any suggestions?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TwiggyTN

by TwiggyTN

I have skinny long legs and the Louis Garneau knee and leg warmers are the best fitting ones I've found.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

carbon2329

by carbon2329

The smallest size of Assos works for me. (could be a little short, but with the taller socks being popular now, it works out). Taller socks (not the super tall), seem to look better on longer legs, so the shorter warmers work out ok. (if that makes sense).

Anyway, the smallest Assos has been the best for me. (I'm about 6 ft. tall)

hna

by hna

Castelli Nanoflex in size small works well for me

fitty4

by fitty4

I maybe have a suggestion: sportful no rain, I don't have the leg warmers but the do have the arm warmers which are the longest out of 4 that I have tried. There is some customer reviews here: http://www.wiggle.co.uk/sportful-no-rain-leg-warmers/ of the leg warmers and basically the ones who complain is because they find them to long.

weenie #2533

by weenie #2533

I made leg warmers for myself . 76cm long. :)
I can post pictures if someone is interested

sastre

by sastre

anything with a gel gripper will work well.
ive got them on my shorts not my warmers and they hold them up so the same sould work for the warmers. :beerchug:
Full steam we go against the odds
Headfirst we go against the grain
Against the odds, against the grain
We go against the odds, against the grain

chipomarc

by chipomarc

Just one thing to bear in mind here people:

If you are over 5'11" then road cycling is NOT the sport you should be taking part in.

cookiemonster

by cookiemonster

chipomarc wrote:Just one thing to bear in mind here people:

If you are over 5'11" then road cycling is NOT the sport you should be taking part in.

Umm, a shame that you didnt get that advice early on to Big Mig (or, dunno, where to start? Tom Boonen, Andy Schlek - actually maybe you have a point there :) David Millar, Fabian Cancallera, etc, etc), they could all have taken up a sport where they'd be much more successful. Like, oh I dont know, fly fishing perhaps? :)

Anyway

My recommendation (at just over 6') is DeFeet with their Merino wool range. Merino seems to be elastic over a wider range than lycra and grips better rather than just relying on a gripper bit at one end. Personally I like the look too (although I'd stick with lycra in really heavy rain)

jon

sastre

by sastre

the most stupid things you've heard in cycling :lol:
Full steam we go against the odds
Headfirst we go against the grain
Against the odds, against the grain
We go against the odds, against the grain

hna

by hna

Wait, what? You are saying that Johan Vansummeren and Bradley Wiggins chose the wrong sport then?

cnbky

by cnbky

easily within the top 5 stupidest things i've heard in 2012.

OP: Ive got long slim legs too n for i i can say that the assos doesn't work 100% for me.. 100% meaning it needs a fix or two on a long ride, not the end of the world. you can always get the ones you like most and them having them made tighter at the top for grip.

weenie #2533

by weenie #2533

canbakay wrote:

easily within the top 5 stupidest things i've heard in 2012.

OP: Ive got long slim legs too n for i i can say that the assos doesn't work 100% for me.. 100% meaning it needs a fix or two on a long ride, not the end of the world. you can always get the ones you like most and them having them made tighter at the top for grip.

+1

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

hna

by hna

I'll say it again, my Castelli Nanoflex legwarmers are plenty long for the 87cm long sticks that I call legs.