Chamois and no underwear, how do you ride?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

WasFab

by WasFab

I am asking if anyone can advice on the riding quality and feeling with chamois and without wearing underwear. I haven't tried it before but saw some discussions of it, where it was recommended! Anyone can advice if he has any experience and if so also what the recommended chamois he uses.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bearsdidit
Shop Owner

by bearsdidit

not quite sure if this is a joke...

WasFab

by WasFab

ilvwhtgrls wrote:not quite sure if this is a joke...

no joke very serious mate...!

wasabi1

by wasabi1

Just been wondering that myself.....

tommasini

by tommasini

Saves weight - that's what members here focus on - so for that reason go for it......might also find other more noticeable advantages once you try it. 8)

WasFab

by WasFab

Interesting to know how most people ride. in Cycling + of April 2012 they recommend to use chamois and no underwear. I have never even wonder of it but cycling plus is a prestigious magazine

5 8 5

by 5 8 5

Fab, you really crack me up :wink:

seandonovan

by seandonovan

Oh my...

So, assuming it's NOT a joke: extra layers => extra friction => extra chafing => saddle sores => extra pain => dear god how is this not a joke?

Bam! Semi-ligitimate answer, with jaw only *slighty* agape during the typing...

Rush

by Rush

One of my riding mates still wears underwear under his knicks...despite my please (and threats) for him to stop.

Bridgeman

by Bridgeman

Teh panties will certainly bunch.

ave

by ave

Surprising it might be to seasoned cyclist, but for beginners it's not obvious.

I bump into people wearing underwear from time to time on the road, and on various forums.

RussellS

by RussellS

Pretty sure its a poor attempt at humor. Notice the name of the person who wrote the question. "fabiancanchelara" Trying to seem important/legitimate by using a parody of Fabian Cancellara?

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

I'd give him the benefit of the doubt as to this being a serious inquiry. Based on his previous posts, he appears to be a relative newbie to high end cycling, asking many "elementary" questions, unless they're all put ons. As he acknowledged in one of his posts, his choice of username may not have been so wise.

goodboyr

by goodboyr

While you guys are at it, answering all these tough questions, maybe you can help me. I've managed to find the valves and inflate my tires properly, but where is the valve for the frame? Can't seem to find a way to get the pump hooked up to get air into the frame.
Last edited by goodboyr on Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

If you wear the proper size under wear then it will not chafe. By underwear I mean briefs not your boxer shorts. Something that is made of polyester, spandex and not cotton.

Too many people by the wrong size clothing for cycling. The wrong size shorts and by doing this you will get that chafing and rubbing going on.

With the brief your boys will be cradled like sports bra. :smartass: :lol:

The manzier http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZJ8Jxt9qrM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by stella-azzurra on Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com