Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:08 pm
Recently the board software has been updated and there are some known bugs/failures:
- Avatars are currently not being displayed ✔ FIXED
- Tapatalk connection is currently broken ✔ FIXED
- Avatars cannot be uploaded ✔ FIXED

Please note that we will soon do some changes in WW board template design in case to get a fully mobile/desktop responsiveness board!
If you find more errors please post it here: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=139062

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:00 pm 

Disclosure: This is a product that I will be selling soon. I am still enhancing the functions and would really appreciate your feedback and comments.
I have links to some videos but will not post since I am not sure about the forum guidelines yet. If interested, please pm me.

Thank you,
Paul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:06 pm 

Can it hack into the guy next to you to change his gears as well? :lol: :twisted: :evil: :lol:

Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:06 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:16 pm 

For existing derailleurs? Or does it come with its own derailleur?

She is not allowed to run spacers under the stem. It must look good. It must be slammed. She does Yoga and Crossfit so she is getting into a pro position whether she likes it or not. Lol. She thinks cycling is easy. She needs to be schooled.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:35 pm 

Thank you for your feedback and questions.
The XSHIFTER is easily programmable, so you can use any derailleur. You can use any cassette or any front chainring. Any number of gears is possible. Even combinations that have never been done before, such as a 3x12 is possible with. You can run your current favorite derailleurs wirelessly. You aren't forced into using a package that is offered on the market. If you want to use Brand X in the rear, and Brand Y in the front, it will work just fine as long as the chain is compatible.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:35 pm 

I imagine it won't run mechanical derailleurs, right?

How about wired electronic ones? If they don't work- they obviously need wires - this leaves only Etap, right?

She is not allowed to run spacers under the stem. It must look good. It must be slammed. She does Yoga and Crossfit so she is getting into a pro position whether she likes it or not. Lol. She thinks cycling is easy. She needs to be schooled.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:46 pm 

PaulG wrote:
You can run your current favorite derailleurs wirelessly.

My current favourite derailleurs are mechanical campagnolo. How will XSHIFTER operate these derailleurs for me?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:33 pm 

What I would assume is a wirelessly controlled servo that pulls a standard derailleur cable. By programming the cable pull you can get any ratio or number of gears you want. Wouldn't work as well as derailleurs actuated by motors in the derailleurs themselves but could be a workable system.

But, I have no insight into OPs product. Just my assumption based on his claim that it would be unicersal.

Sent from mTalk

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:52 am 

How much weight does your wireless system add to an existing mechanical system?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:00 pm 

Kurets wrote:
What I would assume is a wirelessly controlled servo that pulls a standard derailleur cable. By programming the cable pull you can get any ratio or number of gears you want. Wouldn't work as well as derailleurs actuated by motors in the derailleurs themselves but could be a workable system.

But, I have no insight into OPs product. Just my assumption based on his claim that it would be unicersal.

Sent from mTalk

That would actually be pretty cool, although I'd have to think of a use for it 1st

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:48 am 

Marin wrote:

That would actually be pretty cool, although I'd have to think of a use for it 1st

I stumbled on the guy trying to get kickstarter backers on another for. And yes, servo pulling cables if what they do. I would not expect it to work very well. Probably shift quite slow and still be vulnerable to drag in the housing (the loop by the RD). Plus so far they only look for backers for their flat bar shifter.

In any case I think it does not solve any problems, youll still need cables, you need their special shift buttons, you need brake levers, servos add weight to ypur bike etc etc.

Sent from mTalk

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:49 am 

So it's heavy, pointless, and not universal because it doesn't work with electronic derailleurs?

Gee who'da thunk it? :P

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:45 am 

I watched all of the promotional videos. My advice is for the OP to go onto Kickstarter - unless money is not an issue. There is a real, functioning device to demonstrate - so it's not vapourware. The videos are simple and to the point - and even though it appears to be more for the Mountain or Cruiser bikes currently due to the wireless shifter attachment on the handlebar - it's a really great start. Impressive actually.

I don't know how you could currently integrate the shifter into current road shifters - but if you could do that - then that is really cool. Not to demean the product. But most electronic or wireless shifters right now are 'top tier' products.

If this was marketed as the 'normal' cyclists wireless upgrade - almost... like Shimano 105 level for the time being - I think there's a market for this sooner rather than later...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:16 am 

Wow, that's one interesting product! Paul, how extensible the software part will be? As a programmer, I'd really love to have complete control over every hardware function and API. With wireless buttons, it should be possible to hack them into a glove with sensors at finger ends, which will achieve complete decoupling of shifter and brake lever on road bike. This way you can use any cable levers, trp hylex or even magura rt-8 and bullhorns, certainly an amusing perspective from a weenie viewpoint.

Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:16 am