Congratulations LJ (WW member and photographer of the year)

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

madcow
Shop Owner

by madcow

For those of you that are long time members of WW you should definitely remember LJ, Lee was a very busy poster and went out of his way to help everyone he could. Several years ago Lee changed directions and spent less and less time on the bike and more time taking pictures, it seems that his passion has carried him quite far in the photography world. (though I'm happy to say that he is in the process of building up a new bike.)

A couple days ago Time magazine did an interview with LJ right after he won "digital photographer of the year." You can read the article here: http://lightbox.time.com/2012/01/26/por ... effries/#1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I love to point out the successes of others, so I thought I'd just take a minute to update everyone on Lee's photography and say congratulations Lee, it's definitely well deserved.

Since I know he doesn't visit the board much anymore and it's been months since he and I have last spoken, I'll send an email to him with a link to this thread in case anyone else wants to add some words of encouragement.

If you aren't familiar with his work, just put Lee Jeffries into google and you'll have a ton of examples to look at.

dolophonic

by dolophonic

Wow.. amazing pic and great to see LJ doing so well. Congratulations. :up: :thumbup:
Will check his flicker acct out. Love photography a real pleasure.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

One of my heros when I was a wee young lurker. Good to see that he is doing well, and even better to hear that he is building a bike.
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

gumgardner

by gumgardner

Just getting into photography myself, this is really cool to see. Congrats LJ. Miss u around here.

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

How much do his cameras weigh?

etownfwd

by etownfwd

Wow, that's awesome! My heartiest congratulations to LJ. I still drool remembering his gorgeous Pinarello bike-pron builds. It's a shame he's so busy these days, his photographic success is the forum's loss. My best wishes to him and continued success!

-efwd

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

Beautiful pictures.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16536699@N07/5306857154/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

record

by record

I wish he was still around here.
A light bike does replace good fitness.

Rodrego Hernandez

by Rodrego Hernandez

One of the original guys and a real good guy too. Really impressed with what he's doing, no surprise that he's putting something back too. What a diamond,

NS

by NS

Great photos! All round great guy this forum was a better place when he was here, went out of his way to help people and was very generous as it would appear he still is. A lot of people drifted away after he stopped posting, he raised the bar on here with his projects and his enthusiasm was infectious. Doesn't live a million miles from me shame he doesn't ride any more.

Skillgannon

by Skillgannon

It has been a long time since I felt like signing onto WW, but I just had to in order to offer my most sincere congratulations to LJ. Not for the award, but for what he's doing, and what he has been trying to acheive.

Marvelous job. Thanks for letting us know Madcow
This board would be a nicer place if everyone would take themselves less seriously.

I almost miss Mr Search...

elviento

by elviento

Just brilliant. Looks like the guy leaves a mark wherever he puts his mind to. I suspect the next LJ build will take on more artistic depth given the recent experience. Can't wait to see it.
Fast falcons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3mTPEuFcWk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
www.falcobike.com
Facebook: falcobikeglobal

mathi

by mathi

Congrats Lee , wheels on the new bike will have to be Lightweights :wink:

ras11

by ras11

Congrats on the award(s) LJ! Working for those without a voice is noble.

Something appealing about digitizing humanity, not in the facebook kind of way, but the art and science of photography. Man and machine... I guess, abstract... like cycling.
:-) Toys-R-Us

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

shoemakerpom2010

by shoemakerpom2010

Amazing work on the pictures and life. The world needs more people like this! :mrgreen: