Rapha Shoes

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

rule5

by rule5

http://www.rapha.cc/grand-tour-shoes

I know there are a lot of people who dislike the whole thing Rapha has going on but these thing look pretty rad! Should be fairly light as well, being based on the Giros, kind expensive, but not terrible in comparison to other top tier road shoes. Any thoughts?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

weeshuggy

by weeshuggy

(http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/arti ... hoe-33448/)

309g PER SHOE. And at about £300..................... But look at the quality.

bricky21

by bricky21

:lol: :lol: :lol:

kgt

by kgt

I prefer fizik's retro-modern style.

Rodrego Hernandez

by Rodrego Hernandez

Give them 18 months before they outsource the production and quality drops.

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

Rodrego Hernandez wrote:Give them 18 months before they outsource the production and quality drops.

I don't really know much about the Rapha thing.

Do you mean that Rapha clothing has dropped in quality?

I see a lot of haters and vindictive comments on their FB page.

Rodrego Hernandez

by Rodrego Hernandez

I had some Rapha kit years ago when it first started and quality was excellent, the thought that had gone into the products was excellent too. More recently it seems that the cut is different, the quality of jerseys and shorts has been really poor. I used to really rate Rapha but now it's just overpriced for the quality.

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

I think they look quite smart... Don't have a problem with the "quality" of the rapha kit I own either..

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

Rodrego Hernandez wrote:I had some Rapha kit years ago when it first started and quality was excellent, the thought that had gone into the products was excellent too. More recently it seems that the cut is different, the quality of jerseys and shorts has been really poor. I used to really rate Rapha but now it's just overpriced for the quality.

Ok, thx for the input.
I'm used to have free clothes from teams, so it's a bit though to see those premium prices but their design is definitely my kind.

limba

by limba

Buy them when they're on sale. Rapha has at least two huge sales online every year and constantly has pieces on clearance. I own a lot of their line from the last three years and haven't seen any drop in quality.

airwise

by airwise

Usual overpriced rubbish - still something of a bargain compared with their ridiculous holidays (sorry "Randonees") Wait for the 50% off in the bi annual sale.

Roobay

by Roobay

airwise wrote:Usual overpriced rubbish - still something of a bargain compared with their ridiculous holidays (sorry "Randonees") Wait for the 50% off in the bi annual sale.

ooh mike didn't realise you were a hater :roll:
they are always over subscribed
so i suppose
a fool and his money....
i like people... i just can't stand assholes

airwise

by airwise

John I hate the term hater :wink:

I admire their marketing but laugh at some of the resultant pricing.

Not much call for sportwool and yak hair out here though.

mrfish

by mrfish

I am concerned about the origin of the Yak skin. I hope it is ethnic Chinese and that they are not in any way supporting occupation of Lahsa and exile of the Dali Lama through their capitalistic marketing practices?

I suggest that a statement on their website and youtube video showing pictures of happy yaks before they are cut up and made into shoes would put the matter to rest once and for all.

si1ver
Shop Owner

by si1ver

Rodrego Hernandez wrote:I had some Rapha kit years ago when it first started and quality was excellent, the thought that had gone into the products was excellent too. More recently it seems that the cut is different, the quality of jerseys and shorts has been really poor. I used to really rate Rapha but now it's just overpriced for the quality.

Recently, I too bough the lightweigh jersey base on my previous purchase but very dissapointed to find that the cuttig has changed and quality looked clearly inferior. compare to the light weight jersey I have .
It was their good customer service that had me returned it for exchange with the pro-team jersey but quality and fitting isn't as I expected .
Apparently they have changed supplier in China that caused the differences above. Now i am not sure I would buy their jersey again.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com