Parlee Z5 Quality Issues ????

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

Ozrider

by Ozrider

Has anyone had experience with Z5's paint bubbling on the downtube or cable guides on the top tube breaking? An acquaintance has had above issues with his Z5 and according to his LBS these are common issues.

So far 15 months on my Z5 looks good as new and had no issues at all.

Any feedback appreciated

Cheers, Oz
Ozrider - Western Australia
Parlee Z5 XL (6055g/13.32lbs) Trek Madone 5.9 (7052-7500g)Jonesman Columbus Spirit (8680g)
Chase your dreams - it's only impossible until it's done

hasbeen

by hasbeen

First I have heard of it but the z5 is a fairly new model so you never know. I have actually never heard of a warranty on a Parlee outside of an occasional paint issue. :noidea:
Casati Vola SLi and Dolan Preffisio
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=108931" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
btompkins0112 wrote:
It has the H2 geo......one step racier than a hybrid bike

by Weenie

NS

by NS

My custom painted z5 peeled and bubbled last year. I was told to return it in the winter for a respray as it would be faster turn around then but then was told it would be replaced. I returned it in September. 5 months later and a lot of emails later I got my new parlee, and sold it mainly due to being thoroughly fed up with the whole saga. I didn't even remove the packaging to look at the new 2012 standard paint job.

mrfish

by mrfish

I think Parlee are like most bike companies - sometimes things do go wrong. But when they do, they have a full warranty, stand behind their products and tend to use better quality dealers who are more likely to give good service.

My Z4 with custom paint got a crack in the seat tube. They offered me the option of a Z4 with any custom paint, or a Z5SL F&F. I originally agreed to pay a small fraction of the price difference, but they waived that as I had to wait a couple of months as they had no Z5SLs in stock as they were brand new then. Very happy with my Z5SL now.

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

8 months, 4000kms zero dramas for my z5 custom paInt