He is back, The Flying Scotsman!

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

rustychain

by rustychain

http://www.humansinvent.com/#!/6131/ret ... eme-obree/

This guy is awesome. A longtime thorn in UCI's side and pro cycling's too for that matter. He is at it again with the world speed record on a human powered vehicle of his own design and manufacture. UCI will not be able to rob him this time. :thumbup:
WW Velocipedist Gargantuan

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Rumsas

by Rumsas

Great :thumbup: what a cool guy

NS

by NS

I remember last time he was back for the national 10 on some heap of crap bike he had knocked together that as usual looked potentially lethal. He hurtled into a roundabout lost control due to his impossibly narrow bars made out of alloy plate and iirc picked up a rather nasty gash on his leg from said bars.
Incredible athlete but for once the UCI were right about his bike designs, they had no place on the roads

lone wheeler

by lone wheeler

Hi Nick, It's been a long time since i picked up some nasty gash from some bars..... :shock: :wink:

Tapeworm

by Tapeworm

This man is everything which is right in cycling - in all its aspects.

And makes me loathe the UCI just a little bit more.
"Physiology is all just propaganda and lies... all waiting to be disproven by the next study."
"I'm not a real doctor; But I am a real worm; I am an actual worm." - TMBG

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Obree said of his short professional career: "I still feel I was robbed of part of my career. I was signed up to ride in the prologue of the Tour back in 1995, but it was made very obvious to me I would have to take drugs. I said no, no way, and I was sacked by my team. So there I was, 11 years later, sitting there waiting for the Tour cyclists to come by, and something welled up in me. I feel I was robbed by a lot of these bastards taking drugs. I also hate the way that people think anyone who has ever achieved anything on a bike must have been taking drugs. I was surprised how resentful I felt when I was in Paris. It had obviously been simmering away in there for years. That's something new I'll have to talk to my therapist about."
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree