Complete Idiot Cyclist/scammers

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

gumgardner

by gumgardner

[url]http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/03/10/chinese-cyclists-arrested-for-extorting-drivers-in-crash-scam/
[/url]
Unbelievable how dishonest people can be

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Seems like a hard way to make a living. I'm sure they target the more expensive cars. Maybe female drivers over male drivers. Well they might not be that sophisticated. I think they are charging too little. At 8$ - 50$ per accident seems way too cheap for the job. But maybe in China these days this type of money can go further than other places. But Shanghai is getting to be an expensive place. Then there is the occasional replacement or repair of the bikes although those bikes are tanks on 2 wheels. Then there is the injury to the cyclist. Hopefully they have a good health care plan. :smartass: :lol:
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

the number of drivers in china is exploding. and almost all of them have nearly no experience in actually driving, so there are a lot of unusual errors people do while driving that set up these cyclist accident opportunities. also with the number of cyclists there, i would not be surprised if there are a lot of legitimate incidents, mixed in with a small percentage of scams.