Di2 Wiring Question

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

Blank81

by Blank81

Hey guys,

I recently bought a second hand Di2 groupset, but the cabling is internal. My cannondale hi-mod that i have is not made for internal electronic routing so i was wondering if the best option for me is to:

- Use the internal cables externally (don't know if this is possible with water and that?)

- Possibly drill the frame and use the internal cables like they were meant to be used, i have seen this so i know that it could be done, but would be kind of hesitant to do this.

- Buy a brand new external cable set, man these are expensive!

So really the main question is, can i use the internal cables externally OR would one of you kind gentlemen like to swap with me?

Thanks!

by Weenie

roadrider22

by roadrider22

Hello. It would not be a clean installation to try to use an internal cable externally. I really do not believe there is a great deal of science in drilling minimal holes to allow internal routing but it is pretty scary proposition with prior knowledge of a particular frame. If your internal cable is in good condition, I may be interested in swapping a medium sized external for it. PM me if interested.