2018 PRO thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

maquisard

by maquisard

Maybe Cervelo given the 3T/Vroomen link and Vroomen being an advisor to the Pon management board.

by Weenie

ms6073

by ms6073

dereksmalls wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:14 am
Is that a re-badged powermeter or did SRM make a custom spider as it does not match any of the current offerings?
Michael - The Anaerobic Threshold is neither...

LeDuke

by LeDuke

ms6073 wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:42 pm
dereksmalls wrote:
Is that a re-badged powermeter or did SRM make a custom spider as it does not match any of the current offerings?
It's just an older SRM for Specialized cranks.

boots2000

by boots2000

Specialized- Good call by Lotto. The Specialized SRM is a nice unit. Quite light and also very accurate.

LeDuke wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:08 pm
ms6073 wrote:
dereksmalls wrote:

petepeterson

by petepeterson

So is Froome's "everything's fine" approach to social media a SKY PR move I am thinking. It's super weird.

IchDien

by IchDien

Either that or he honestly knows he's fine...

Surely it's PR though, innocent until proven guilty etc.

rainerhq

by rainerhq

boots2000 wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:31 pm
Specialized- Good call by Lotto. The Specialized SRM is a nice unit. Quite light and also very accurate.

LeDuke wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:08 pm
ms6073 wrote:
dereksmalls wrote:
Lets quote this picture 29 times.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride"
Jamis Renegade Expert
Spark 900 RC

seaneT1

by seaneT1

I saw that Time is about to launch a new bike and I was wondering if they sponsor any major pro teams nowadays, because I do not think they do, and neither are many other well-known bike brands. Also, seems to be a lot of the same bike brands and bikes for many different teams in 2018...I do not like where this is going... :?

themidge

by themidge

It'd be fun to have a rule that every team has to ride a different manufacturer's bikes, would add some individuality to each team rather than having specialized sponsoring everyone. On that note, I'm surprised that specialized hasn't got a WT team yet, seems like they could afford it :noidea:
:hello:
Cannondale Supersix 2008 (weight: tbc)
B'twin Triban 540 (weight: :oops: )
Vitus "Benotto" 979 (weight: :? )

Multebear

by Multebear

petepeterson wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:31 pm
So is Froome's "everything's fine" approach to social media a SKY PR move I am thinking. It's super weird.
I was thinking the exact same thing. What is going on with him? He is smiling on all pictures, and posts pictures of his son etc. He can't be that unaffected with everything going on - especially now that his failing kidney defense is the laughingstock of all cycling fans and media, and Lappartient thinks Sky should suspend Froome.... WTAF....

pastronef

by pastronef

seaneT1 wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:49 pm
I saw that Time is about to launch a new bike and I was wondering if they sponsor any major pro teams nowadays, because I do not think they do, and neither are many other well-known bike brands. Also, seems to be a lot of the same bike brands and bikes for many different teams in 2018...I do not like where this is going... :?
Time sponsored Auber 93 until last year. no conti or pro-conti team rides Time in 2018

maquisard

by maquisard

Multebear wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:24 pm
I was thinking the exact same thing. What is going on with him? He is smiling on all pictures, and posts pictures of his son etc. He can't be that unaffected with everything going on - especially now that his failing kidney defense is the laughingstock of all cycling fans and media, and Lappartient thinks Sky should suspend Froome.... WTAF....
I suspect he is following what his manipulative nasty wife tells him to do... I honestly think she is more of a sociopath than Armstrong was!

TonyM

by TonyM

seaneT1 wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:49 pm
I would welcome it! :wink:
Maybe for a Continental team from France (which hopefully be invited to the TdF etc...). Even better for me time instead of Lapierre in the fdj.
However I suppose they will not invest the money for that sponsoring. Only my guess.

wingguy

by wingguy

themidge wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:23 pm
It'd be fun to have a rule that every team has to ride a different manufacturer's bikes, would add some individuality to each team rather than having specialized sponsoring everyone.
I was just thinking that would be a good idea... but then taking away some of the competition to sponsor WT teams might drive down the value of the sponsorship deals, and every year there are several teams who can barely make their budget as it is. Until there's a more cohesive way of monetising the WT calendar and spreading the proceeds between the teams I don't think limiting equipment sponsorships would be a good idea.

Which is a shame because I'd love to see more bike brands represented in the big leagues. And definitely fewer Shimano wheels and Pro stems. Bike checks are so boring these days... :cry:

UpFromOne

by UpFromOne

IchDien wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:48 pm
Surely it's PR though, innocent until proven guilty etc.
Um, already proven guilty. UCI just looking for mitigating circumstances to justify a reduced penalty.

Plus you've got Lappartient not wanting to do the very job of governing that he was elected to. Not exactly showing leadership skills.

by Weenie