2017 'PRO' cycling discussion.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

kytyree

by kytyree

Rough day for Morton with two bike changes in a short tt

mentok

by mentok

What happened to his bike? I tuned in late...

by Weenie

kytyree

by kytyree

Something with his rear wheel off the block, hub or cassette problem?

Then he switched back later to his tt bike with a normal back wheel

prebsy

by prebsy

Announcers seemed to think the freehub failed. It was so refreshing to hear maggie talk about morton's tt and how much he was losing with the road bike and bike changes etc. I can't imagine how uneducated the analysis would have been with phil and paul.

ichobi

by ichobi

Gaviria's sprint on stage 13 was just amazing to watch. Two group back from the front but still find the speed to insert himself through a tiny gap (good job Richeze for not crashing!). He got the balls, he got the speed, he got the swagger. Now he knows he is good. Reminds me of young Cavendish, but climbs better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kkibbler

by kkibbler

What happened to caleb ewan in the sprint? Looked like he shouldered or got shouldered by QS leadout guy then one of the two of them got unclipped.

beardy man gaviria is in a whole different league though.

AJS914

by AJS914

Looks like he picked the wrong hole to go through and then the door got shut on him. Had he gone to the right he would have blocked Gaviria and maybe won.

Kjetil

by Kjetil

prebsy wrote:Announcers seemed to think the freehub failed. It was so refreshing to hear maggie talk about morton's tt and how much he was losing with the road bike and bike changes etc. I can't imagine how uneducated the analysis would have been with phil and paul.
Bäckstedt is an excellent commentator. I vividly remember him picking Ciolek as the winner before they had crested the Poggio some years ago.
Bianchi-Campagnolo

wingguy

by wingguy

kkibbler wrote:What happened to caleb ewan in the sprint? Looked like he shouldered or got shouldered by QS leadout guy then one of the two of them got unclipped.

From the overhead shot Ewan moved into Richeze to try and squeeze through the gap, but Richeze held his line strongly because he knew Gaviria was coming up betwen his outside shoulder and the barriers.

djcharlou

by djcharlou

ICYMI ... and those numbers are for 21sec . It helps to be 2x omnium world champion

Haydn

by Haydn

Im not a fan of Eurosport's baffling overproduced instant highlights of intermediate sprints, completely pointless.

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

Haydn wrote:Im not a fan of Eurosport's baffling overproduced instant highlights of intermediate sprints, completely pointless.

Being thankful that you're not stuck with the Phil and Paul show that is US coverage of Euro racing. If you were, you'd treasure every second of "Eurosport's baffling overproduced instant highlights of intermediate sprints, completely pointless" coverage you could find!

kkibbler

by kkibbler

How do Phil and Paul compare to "I had a biscuit in that cafe before" "third time of asking" Kirby and "that rider is not very performant today" Sean Kelly?

Rob Hatch I'll keep tho.

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

phil and paul "andrew talansky is wearing his green cannondale jersey"

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

well it wasn't for a lack of effort by majka

by Weenie