The CAAD Build Thread...

Moderator: Moderator Team

Post Reply
ultyguy
Posts: 2262
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:35 pm
Location: Geneva

by ultyguy

fizzybubbelech wrote:Almost finished at this stage I believe.
CAAD6 Saeco Team size 52
SRAM Force22 (50/34 172.5 and 11-28)
PX 60mm wheels w Tufo S33 PRO 24 and Ti skewers (Aliexpress)
C1 Seatpost, C1 Stem, C2 bars. Sub 100g carbon saddle (Aliexpress) and Cinelli Gel bartape.

This must be one of my favourite liveries amongst all road bikes to be honest. Plus this same livery was my first ever proper road bike some 3 yr ago, so a bit sentimental value too lol.

Ran out of ideas how to make it lighter on a budget, so any ideas welcome. :)

Cheerio

Image

fizzybubbelech
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:38 am

by fizzybubbelech

ultyguy wrote:Image


Need to shave. More aero.

Image

by Weenie


roelez
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:32 am

by roelez

fizzybubbelech wrote:
KC wrote:
fizzybubbelech wrote:Almost finished at this stage I believe.
CAAD6 Saeco Team size 52
SRAM Force22 (50/34 172.5 and 11-28)
PX 60mm wheels w Tufo S33 PRO 24 and Ti skewers (Aliexpress)
C1 Seatpost, C1 Stem, C2 bars. Sub 100g carbon saddle (Aliexpress) and Cinelli Gel bartape.

This must be one of my favourite liveries amongst all road bikes to be honest. Plus this same livery was my first ever proper road bike some 3 yr ago, so a bit sentimental value too lol.

Ran out of ideas how to make it lighter on a budget, so any ideas welcome. :)

Cheerio


I love to see the old USA caad projects. Beautiful bike. Is it bb30?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Thanks!! Yeah you spotted right it is bb30, which means the BB bearings is the only thing on it that I can not do myself :mrgreen:

Looked at a few CAADs in here still a bit shocked how people get them to 6.3-7kg :O

Check on my thread, i got my caad sub 6 kg even if i used my old fulcrum zero i still got 6.1 kg

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

KC
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:05 am

by KC

Here is the caad7 R5000 project it's well under 6kg. It's easy to do. My caad 9 is hovering around 6kg with Zipp 404'

s. Image


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KC
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:05 am

by KC

Image


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dpkinard
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:31 pm

by dpkinard

Beautiful bike, it's very clean

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sebastian
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:20 pm

by Sebastian

KC wrote:Image


Very nice. Similar build like my Caad9 with SRAM and Easton.

fizzybubbelech
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:38 am

by fizzybubbelech

roelez wrote:Check on my thread, i got my caad sub 6 kg even if i used my old fulcrum zero i still got 6.1 kg

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk


Oh my that's some impressive results. Great!
I'll go on to check. What a shame I haven't had any scales available to me when building the bike, so I could weight the individual bits. Make a bit of a hassle now trying to figure out what's the best $/gram saving now. Oh...first world problems lol

steelandbananas
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:46 pm

by steelandbananas

Hello hello,
You guys might be able to help me.
I was wondering how tight should I tighten the stem on the carbon steer (Caad10) of my fork ?

The stem (Zipp) says 5nm but that seems a too tight.
Scared I crush the steer !

To all CAAD10 owners - what do you recommend ?

I was thinking about 4nm or is that also too much ?

Cheers !

burglarboycie
Posts: 812
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:58 pm
Location: Northamptonshire UK

by burglarboycie

KC wrote:Image


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


That is superb! Complete perfection in my opinion.

Devotional
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:26 pm

by Devotional

Folks , Anyone running 28mm on caad12 disc by any chance ?
Is there enough clearance ?

Also has the 2017 changed slightly in the smaller sizes .Mine is a 52cm myself . I've heard a rumour that the seat tube is shorter and the top tube is sloping ?

ryanw
Posts: 327
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 pm
Location: London

by ryanw

Devotional wrote:Folks , Anyone running 28mm on caad12 disc by any chance ?
Is there enough clearance ?

Also has the 2017 changed slightly in the smaller sizes .Mine is a 52cm myself . I've heard a rumour that the seat tube is shorter and the top tube is sloping ?


I was running 25c Conti GP4KS2's which measured around 27mm at 110PSI. There was still enough clearance but not sure if Conti 28's would fit since they're more like 30c's...
'16 Cervelo S5 - 6900g
'17 Focus Mares Force 1
'15 Scott Addict Team - 6850g Sold
'17 Cervelo R3D DA - 7580g - Sold
'16 Cannondale CAAD12 DA Disc - 7560g - RIP

ryanw
Posts: 327
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 pm
Location: London

by ryanw

Just finished my CAAD12 Dura Ace build and then got hit by a taxi on my commute home, fully totalled the bike, hopefully all covered through the taxi's insurance since the bike owes me around £5,000!

I didn't even have time to take pics of the completed build :(

£1,700 wheel set:

Image

Image

Image

Warped top tube from impact:

Image
'16 Cervelo S5 - 6900g
'17 Focus Mares Force 1
'15 Scott Addict Team - 6850g Sold
'17 Cervelo R3D DA - 7580g - Sold
'16 Cannondale CAAD12 DA Disc - 7560g - RIP

evan326
Posts: 480
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:51 pm
Location: RVA,USA

by evan326

So sad to see ryan, at least the bike doesn't look completely destroyed. Should be able to get something back from selling some parts

ryanw
Posts: 327
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 pm
Location: London

by ryanw

evan326 wrote:So sad to see ryan, at least the bike doesn't look completely destroyed. Should be able to get something back from selling some parts


It's booked in on Thursday for a crash damage assessment with my LBS.

It's a write-off due to the frame but I'm not sure if I'll be allowed to keep the bike or buy it back off the insurance company since a lot of parts are still salvagable.

I must add that it was bloody awesome while I had it and loved every mile on it.

The only downside was the 2kg standard wheelset but once I'd swapped over to a lighter set, it was a delight.
'16 Cervelo S5 - 6900g
'17 Focus Mares Force 1
'15 Scott Addict Team - 6850g Sold
'17 Cervelo R3D DA - 7580g - Sold
'16 Cannondale CAAD12 DA Disc - 7560g - RIP

by Weenie


Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post