Let's See Your Time Trial bike

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

bilwit

by bilwit

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:36 pm
Hey guys... Looking for some data/science relating to tire width vs. wheel width. I could've sworn that I saw some data basically stating that the tire width should be 90-95% of wheel width for aero purposes. I think I saw it here, but I can't seem to find it.
here it is

https://silca.cc/blogs/journal/part-5-t ... rodynamics

WW discussion on it:

viewtopic.php?t=140923

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tillquist

by Tillquist

2018 setup Image

See all my bike h e r e

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Nice I still love my TM01 too
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

Looks stunning Tillquist

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Really cool bike Tillquist.... just wish the photo dind't have so much vignette. Show that bike some more.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Anyone running tubeless on your TT bike? What are you doing in terms of tire pressure? I normally run my road tires at about 95-100 psi.. on the TT bike, I like them a little higher in the 105-110 range, depending on the quality fo the pavement. For tubeless is it normal to run them a little lower? the same? I'm running the Vittoria Corsa Speed.

I'm sure it comes down to personal preference and feel and the pavement at the course you're on, but I'm just looking for some guidance on a starting point. if I should be looking at simialr pressures? higher? lower?

Thanks in advance guys.

TimmS

by TimmS

I have seen figures that roling resistance with latex innertubes is lower then tubeless. For the roadbike I prefer the feel of tubeless. For time trials its all about marginal gains so I go with latex innertubes.

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

Just go for tubular

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
πατα τραβα ρε

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

TimmS wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 2:20 am
I have seen figures that roling resistance with latex innertubes is lower then tubeless. For the roadbike I prefer the feel of tubeless. For time trials its all about marginal gains so I go with latex innertubes.
What figures have you seen? The latest data I see shows the tubeless Vittoria Corsa Speed as the lowest rolling resistance tire on the market, by quite a stretch.

istigatrice

by istigatrice

^If you're reffering to the bicyclerollingresistance website, they test their clinchers with a butyl tube (in general), but they have also shown that a latex tube is faster than butyl, and also tubless. In other words, their 'fastest' tyre is a tubless tyre because their clincher tests featured a standard butyl inner tube.

If they glued their tubulars properly then I'd be willing to bet that tubulars would be faster again (or at least comparable). If I had the citation on hand I would give it, but I recall reading that an american/european group did a test on rolling resistance, and a 'poorly' glued tubular would increase rolling resistance drastically. From their methods with the conti tubular tyres I would take their results regarding tubulars with a pinch of salt (they removed the tubulars and reglued them a few times to repeat the tests). If you glue your tubulars properly then their results won't be representative.
I write the weightweenies blog, hope you like it :)

Disclosure: I'm sponsored by Velocite, but I do give my honest opinion about them (I'm endorsed to race their bikes, not say nice things about them)

Grill

by Grill

istigatrice wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 9:21 am
^If you're reffering to the bicyclerollingresistance website, they test their clinchers with a butyl tube (in general), but they have also shown that a latex tube is faster than butyl, and also tubless. In other words, their 'fastest' tyre is a tubless tyre because their clincher tests featured a standard butyl inner tube.

If they glued their tubulars properly then I'd be willing to bet that tubulars would be faster again (or at least comparable). If I had the citation on hand I would give it, but I recall reading that an american/european group did a test on rolling resistance, and a 'poorly' glued tubular would increase rolling resistance drastically. From their methods with the conti tubular tyres I would take their results regarding tubulars with a pinch of salt (they removed the tubulars and reglued them a few times to repeat the tests). If you glue your tubulars properly then their results won't be representative.
Tubeless/latex tubed Corsa Speeds are faster than their preoperly glued tubular counterparts.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

I raced all of last season, on my road bike in the Non-TT Class, on latex tubed Corsa Speeds. This season on my TT bike, I raced the first 1/2 of the season on latex tubed Corsa Speeds. Today, was my first race on them, set up tubeless, and they felt FAST. I averaged 28 mph in horrendous weather conditions, pouring rain and finished with the 2nd fastest time overall for the TT.

Grill

by Grill

A few miles before I hit a pothole and wrote off my disc. Good times.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

HakeemT wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:43 am
In the end a slightly compromised position but until I gain 40 watts at threshold I will finish 3 minutes down on Tinea Pedis anyway...
You're only 40w off me eh? Shouldn't be that far down on my times then ;)

And written off disc? Jesus wept.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com