The Canyon love thread

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

Bordcla

by Bordcla

Please delete double post.
Last edited by Bordcla on Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bordcla

by Bordcla

the Aeroad and Ultimate?

On the Aeroad, does the stack number account for the 15mm headset cap or does it measure up to the top of the carbon head tube? Would be helpful to know to better compare fit.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dcorn

by dcorn

The current aeroad disc 8.0 Di2 is showing a 3rd color that is 'coming soon', other than red and black. Wonder what that could be?

sfo423

by sfo423

Anyone have a new(er) Endurace CF SLX in an XL? Looking for feedback on lateral stiffness, especially the front end. Tall head tube and all. Also, post a picture so I can get my head around the scale of the XL.

slake21

by slake21

dcorn wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:17 pm
The current aeroad disc 8.0 Di2 is showing a 3rd color that is 'coming soon', other than red and black. Wonder what that could be?
my money is on blue but it doesn't show for me.

TonyM

by TonyM

slake21 wrote:
dcorn wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:17 pm
my money is on blue but it doesn't show for me.
+1 for the blue!

crux

by crux

Blue would be amazing! But I think it will be some kind of grey...

dinesh2988

by dinesh2988

dcorn wrote:
dinesh2988 wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:12 pm
What kind of mount will i need for the Wahoo Bolt on my Aeroad integrated handlebar ?
I have already 2 bikes with Wahoo Bolt mounts already and don’t wish to go with Garmin again... any workarounds ?
I was able to quickly modify the Canyon Garmin mount to hold my Wahoo Bolt.

All it takes is two holes drilled in the mount to turn the insert sideways, and slight trimming of the insert where the ears go in. Seems that wahoo made the ears on the Bolt sliiiiiightly wider than Garmin ears so it doesn't fit unless you trim a little off the mount to open up the spot where the ears go in.
Got this REC mount today .... Was expecting some cheap plastic, but this looks super premium and a well finished product. Waiting for the bike :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dcorn

by dcorn

Yeah, those are really nice looking. Let me know how the install of the mount goes, it was a huuuuge PITA for me trying to place the Di2 wires, stock wire cover, and garmin mount all in the same spot and install 2 tiny screws through 3 holes.

moonoi

by moonoi

The Rec mount fits the same as the Canyon Garmin mount, I used one for my Pioneer Computer on my Aeroad. Great quality piece of kit, crap design from Canyon on the di2 integration for the bars...

dinesh2988

by dinesh2988

dcorn wrote:Yeah, those are really nice looking. Let me know how the install of the mount goes, it was a huuuuge PITA for me trying to place the Di2 wires, stock wire cover, and garmin mount all in the same spot and install 2 tiny screws through 3 holes.
Going with Sram eTap. Earlier Di2 was on mind but after looking at few reviews on that messy cable works decided to go with eTap. Also have eTap on my F8 so would be more convenient to swap the batteries as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

n15m0

by n15m0

Anyone has issue with their canyon Garmin mount? My Garmin mount dropped when I was cycling yesterday. Upon close investigation, I realised that the whole screw holder which is supposed to hold the mount came loose from the handlebar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PattiTalks

by PattiTalks

Here is my Canyon Ultimate CF SL disc 9.0

rolfo

by rolfo

Not so love here...

I'm the only one here, or are the other canyon owners with problems of the finish of their frames?

First I got a frameset with scrathes to the fork. So a new fork
Seccond the fork didn't match the frame color... So a new frameser
Thrird I got a new frameset, but there already a small paint chip on the (new..) fork and the frame had a strange lump on the downtube...

According to Canyon " within" the marge ...
Any experience with this?

slake21

by slake21

rolfo wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:24 pm
Not so love here...

I'm the only one here, or are the other canyon owners with problems of the finish of their frames?

First I got a frameset with scrathes to the fork. So a new fork
Seccond the fork didn't match the frame color... So a new frameser
Thrird I got a new frameset, but there already a small paint chip on the (new..) fork and the frame had a strange lump on the downtube...

According to Canyon " within" the marge ...
Any experience with this?
you can't expect perfect finish, even expensive cars don't have that.
anyway no one will see it once you put on the chainring...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com