The Canyon love thread

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

FrankG

by FrankG

slake21 wrote:anyone knows if the top tube cable guide is removable? or is it glued?

I have a Aeroad CF SLX and the same part is removable on mine.
8) 2023 CANYON Aeroad CF SLX 8.0 Di2
:D 2021 CANYON Ultimate CF SL 8.0 Di2 Aero

Sold
2017 Specialized Tarmac S-Works SL5
2016 CANYON Aeroad CF SLX 9.0 DA Di2 TEAM KAT
2013 Specialized Venge S-works (1st Gen)
2010 Trek Madone 4.5
2010 Trek 1.2

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

gdnicoll

by gdnicoll

slake21 wrote:anyone knows if the top tube cable guide is removable? or is it glued?

The trick is to, with the cable housing in place and end detached from the brake, lever the housing towards the front of the bike. The plastic piece is hinged and will pop out easily.

I found this out by trial and error, after a prolonged "oh sh..." moment where I'd pulled the cable without first fitting a liner.

Don't use pliers. I have little marks on the plastic piece to remind me of that attempt...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slake21

by slake21

Thanks guys! useful info.

Anyways I bothered their mechanics so many times in email that he's sending me a new "snap fit clip" I gues that's what it's called :D

Vermu

by Vermu

Those of you that are on mechanical gears. Have you ever had chain suck happening?
Since I'm running RED with catcher, it didn't really suck but apparently the chain plate thats behind BB took such a hit that now in service the guys from canyon informed me about cracked frame.

Anyone heard anything similar?

edit: just heard will post pics when I get those.

nibugaga

by nibugaga

I have something similar. I dropped the chain a few months ago without any chain-catcher and the metal plate is completely bent and the frame slightly damaged.
I only reported the problem one week ago and they proposed to replace the protective plate,.

From the pics I sent to them they said the damage to the frame was probably not structural. I hope they won't change their mind when I will bring the bike to them...

Vermu

by Vermu

Ok so I got the pic. And on the outside I couldn't see any damage. Although since the metal plate was removed forcibly (is that even a word?!) the glue and dust made it pretty easy to hide all external markings.
I reckon this won't be covered by warranty, could be with crash replacement. Problem is that the frame can be bought in mid october :shock:
Attached the pic taken by canyon.

Mine creaks a lot when pedaling, on the saddle its super quiet, go figure.
Attachments
halkeama_s.jpg

jonnyc

by jonnyc

Bit of a lurker on here but I couldn't resist the Canyon love thread as I love my Canyon!
Here she is - 6.58kg including pedals, Garmin mount and bottle cages.
Not bad for an old girl!

wwnick

by wwnick

has anyone modded their S13 Rail/Clamp cluster, for example carbon bolts or lighter parts for clamping?

moonoi

by moonoi

Just got my new size L Aeroad Disc, had a bit of a nightmare with the saddle clamp, but once sorted it's a really nice ride. I prefer it to my previous Madone 9, except for the wheels, they get blown around a lot in crosswinds, even 808 NSWs aren't that bad!

Haven't weighed it yet, but feels much lighter than the Madone, and almost as light as my C60 that currently comes in at 6.9Kg, so I'm expecting it to be around 7.2ish when I do get around to it.

Sorry about the dirty lens on the outdoor pic

Eppingmarky

by Eppingmarky

Proud Canyon Endurace SL owner here. Recently completed my 700km on the new bike and popped my first rear tube.
Bike weighs in about 7.4 (which is plenty light for me @95kg)+ pedals, Bolt, bottle cages n lights. so 8kg total. I use it primarily as a computer bike.
Sorry about the low light.

andytan

by andytan

Hi Guys, I just ordered the canyon ultimate slx 8.0 disc in size S (https://www.canyon.com/de-de/road/ultim ... c-8-0.html). My height is 175cm, inseam 78cm ( short legs)
:). My saddle height on my current bike is 71.5cm. Will I have enough saddle to bar drop height if I use size S ? or should I just get it in XS? thx before :)

slowK

by slowK

Eppingmarky wrote:Proud Canyon Endurace SL owner here. Recently completed my 700km on the new bike and popped my first rear tube.
Bike weighs in about 7.4 (which is plenty light for me @95kg)+ pedals, Bolt, bottle cages n lights. so 8kg total. I use it primarily as a computer bike.

Are you in Sydney? Is that the bridge over the Parramatta River between Rhodes and Meadowbank?

Nice bike too.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

slowK wrote:
Eppingmarky wrote:Proud Canyon Endurace SL owner here. Recently completed my 700km on the new bike and popped my first rear tube.

Are you in Sydney? Is that the bridge over the Parramatta River between Rhodes and Meadowbank?

Nice bike too.
Funnily enough worked on the project to convert that bridge in my school holidays when I was a kid back before OH&S went mad :) old man wae one of the guys running the project.
Using Tapatalk

4151zero

by 4151zero

My XXS Ultimate CF 9.0 ~ 6400Kg ~

ImageIMG_3990[1] by Mason Dominic, on Flickr

Delorre

by Delorre

moonoi wrote:Just got my new size L Aeroad Disc, had a bit of a nightmare with the saddle clamp, but once sorted it's a really nice ride. I prefer it to my previous Madone 9, except for the wheels, they get blown around a lot in crosswinds, even 808 NSWs aren't that bad!

Haven't weighed it yet, but feels much lighter than the Madone, and almost as light as my C60 that currently comes in at 6.9Kg, so I'm expecting it to be around 7.2ish when I do get around to it.

I've already read a few reviews of owners who complain about side wind sensibility of the Aeroad, no matter the wheels used. My Endurace Disc also really doesn't like crosswinds, and that with only 32mm Rovals. I think it has to do with the front end geometry of Canyon bikes (my previous Ultimate was also far too twitchy), and/or the fact disc's catch more crosswind. Wish you the best with it! As for weight, don't expect it to be below 7.5 kg without pedals if you keep the stock build. My DA Di2 Endurace size M was already 7.4 kg out of the box...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com