The Canyon love thread

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

Juggler

by Juggler

CaptainP wrote:I HATE you, Jonglør! :thumbup:

Thanks, Patrizzz... :D

Let's go ahead and plan that trip to Hallandsåsen... and at least have a little bit of climbing.
2012 Canyon Aeroad CF 8.0 Di2
2014 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Di2

mattyb95

by mattyb95

Steingarten wrote:Dear Canyon-heads.

Time for a rookie question: is it possible to test ride Canyons anywhere? I do know that their business model is based on cutting out the middle man. Nonetheless, I'm still not sure as to which one (Ultimate CF vs. Aeroad) to buy and in which size (2XL vs. 3XL). Putting 3 grand on the table feels like a risky deal without knowing exactly which one fits best.

You can test ride at their head office in Germany somewhere but I think that's about it. They do offer a 30 day money back guarantee if it's the wrong size say but that won't really help in choosing between models.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wangsanegara

by wangsanegara

munk93 wrote:I'm not sure, but I believe the reason to why the didn't use the old SLX, was that it was to stiff for the long races. And then something about better handling. But as said, I'm not sure at all. I've ridden the old SLX for one season, and it's a great bike. But at the moment I'm saving up for the Aeroad. Gilbert and Rodriquez are the reason for that. ;) And then there is a UCI weightlimit I have to pay attention to.

Still confused of which to choose since I am nowhere close to Germany for a test ride. Popular belief should be CF SLX for climbing and Aeroad CF for flatter surface. But Rodriguez use Aeroad for almost all kind of terrain. Also, Moreno just won Fleche Wallone on Aeroad...

Since most Canyon lover agree that CF SLX is stiffer than Aeroad, Does this means stiffer not always good for climbing?

Getting more confused of which one to order...

Andreas.

Valy

by Valy

From things you hear about aero bikes - it all tends to say they are actually less forgiving than non aero. How true I have no idea, but I would not imagine that either would lack in stiffness!

Steingarten

by Steingarten

mattyb95 wrote:
Steingarten wrote:Dear Canyon-heads.

Time for a rookie question: is it possible to test ride Canyons anywhere? I do know that their business model is based on cutting out the middle man. Nonetheless, I'm still not sure as to which one (Ultimate CF vs. Aeroad) to buy and in which size (2XL vs. 3XL). Putting 3 grand on the table feels like a risky deal without knowing exactly which one fits best.

You can test ride at their head office in Germany somewhere but I think that's about it. They do offer a 30 day money back guarantee if it's the wrong size say but that won't really help in choosing between models.

Thanks mattyb95!

Their HQ in Koblenz, Germany seems to be within a train ride (albeit a long one) for me, so I just might go over.. I like their return policy, but as a tall rider (200 cm, 96 cm inseam) you really need to have all the options physically in the same room, and do some super critical comparing to find the best possible fit.

If I had the money, I would go for a custom TI (Baum or FORM). One day!

mattyb95

by mattyb95

There is a demo day in the UK on bank holiday Monday (6th May) at Canyon HQ in Kingston, I've just seen on their Twitter feed. http://t.co/Jg7PL5hgba

micropox

by micropox

enjoying my aeroad cf

thanks farm_lim :)

Peter_E

by Peter_E

Great to see somebody else using Campy 10 speed. Good looking bike!

Skickat från min MT15i via Tapatalk 2

hubert222

by hubert222

Hi all canyon fans,i want to buy a stem (-12) for my Ult CF ,looks like(i m not sure) speciaxxx stem are 1 1/4. Does their stem suit for canyon ?
The best Quality bike i had - colnago - c40, c50 , time -vxrs , bianchi, Look - 381, 585Ultra. giant- Adv SL isp

david74

by david74

canyon cf. 6.420 kgrs version.

dha

by dha

My ultimate AL di2 with one or two changes

Jman

by Jman

Does anyone still have the new CF SLX?

GT56

by GT56

Jman wrote:Does anyone still have the new CF SLX?

under your nose so to speak:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=115172

jsprbcn

by jsprbcn

I am waiting for mine... but there was an email announcing delays.... let's see...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

aerozy

by aerozy

micropox wrote:enjoying my aeroad cf

Micropox! Nice bike! My ride looks very similar! How much does yours come in at?

Factor O2 Rim / Winspace 1500 Disk / Yoeleo R6 Rim / Cervelo S2 Rim