The Canyon love thread

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

cnyn

by cnyn

Imho the Factor looks better. Why is the CANYON in another blue?

Vermu

by Vermu

btw in EU you can dodge some taxes if you've friend in Norway. Just need to have someone that actually lives there.
For example Aeroad slx 9.0 ltd to Germany 8k and Norway 6,4k (euros).

Few fins did this years ago.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

slake21

by slake21

Vermu wrote:btw in EU you can dodge some taxes if you've friend in Norway. Just need to have someone that actually lives there.
For example Aeroad slx 9.0 ltd to Germany 8k and Norway 6,4k (euros).

Few fins did this years ago.

why are they cheaper there?

anyway I wish I hadn't bought my Ultimate CF SLX 8.0 this year, the 2018 model will have the aero cockpit and aero wheels too :evil:

Peter_E

by Peter_E

Got this Endurace CF SL disc frameset built up. Picture is not that great but happy with it (looks, weight, not ridden it yet). Sram Redgroup with new S-700 shifters, Fulcrum Quattro carbon wheels, 28mm Vittoria Corsa G etc.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Datmo

by Datmo

Here's my Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Disc (small) with SRAM Red eTAP HRD and Roval CLX 50 wheels.
Final build weight with Garmin mount, speed/cadence sensor and bottle cages: 6,85kg.
Attachments
UltimateCFSlx.jpg
Last edited by Datmo on Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

melipone

by melipone

Peter_E wrote:Got this Endurace CF SL disc frameset built up. Picture is not that great but happy with it (looks, weight, not ridden it yet). Sram Redgroup with new S-700 shifters, Fulcrum Quattro carbon wheels, 28mm Vittoria Corsa G etc.

Hi,
superb bike
what size is it please ?
thanks

Peter_E

by Peter_E

melipone wrote:
Peter_E wrote:Got this Endurace CF SL disc frameset built up. Picture is not that great but happy with it (looks, weight, not ridden it yet). Sram Redgroup with new S-700 shifters, Fulcrum Quattro carbon wheels, 28mm Vittoria Corsa G etc.

Hi,
superb bike
what size is it please ?
thanks

Thanks, it is a small.

robertbb

by robertbb

In Australia the import tax is factored into the advertised price. I've bought two complete Canyon road bikes and one road frame, and never had to pay more than the price advertised (other than the $199 shipping fee).

Zhiming

by Zhiming

Has anyone seen the women's Aeroad in real life photos? obsidian aqua colour...I cant seem to find any ..any links will be much appreciated !

slake21

by slake21

Zhiming wrote:Has anyone seen the women's Aeroad in real life photos? obsidian aqua colour...I cant seem to find any ..any links will be much appreciated !

here's an Ultimate in the same color. the Aeroad should look the same except for the different frame.
also more pics, and video in this review

FrankG

by FrankG

Anyone try using Enduro PF-30 Torq tite threaded replacement bottom brackets instead of the OEM press fit BB on our Aeroad CF SLX? I'd be interested to hear peoples opinion. Thanks.
8) 2023 CANYON Aeroad CF SLX 8.0 Di2
:D 2021 CANYON Ultimate CF SL 8.0 Di2 Aero

Sold
2017 Specialized Tarmac S-Works SL5
2016 CANYON Aeroad CF SLX 9.0 DA Di2 TEAM KAT
2013 Specialized Venge S-works (1st Gen)
2010 Trek Madone 4.5
2010 Trek 1.2

Davelittle

by Davelittle

Has anyone upgraded their pre 2017 ultimate cf sl/slx to the new H36 bars and stem? I'm wondering if the spacer kit fits flush with the older frame or not.

Thanks

Zhiming

by Zhiming

slake21 wrote:
Zhiming wrote:Has anyone seen the women's Aeroad in real life photos? obsidian aqua colour...I cant seem to find any ..any links will be much appreciated !

here's an Ultimate in the same color. the Aeroad should look the same except for the different frame.
also more pics, and video in this review

Hey slake, thanks for the link ! , I went ahead and ordered an Ultimate last week already, cheers ! :beerchug:

Wildstyle5000

by Wildstyle5000

Sorry for crappie photo, current weight incl. bottles holder, Garmin mount is 7,56kg

Build list:
Canyon Ultimate CF SL disc, XL, 2018
Canyon seat post and integrated bar/stem combo
SRAM Etap Red HRD
Favero Assioma power meter pedales
Selle San Marco Aspide Super Comfort
DT Swiss RR421 rims (20mm inner widths) laced to Novatec Ultralight Hubs (320g), weight of the wheelset: 1500g incl tubeless rim tape. 28 spokes front/rear
Schwalbe One tubeless 25mm
Tacx Deva bottle cages

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

carbonLORD
in the industry

by carbonLORD

Just ordered a Dude in stealth to match my Aeroad. Going to put Eagle on it and build some new Nexties. Pics to follow.

carbonLORD.com