The Canyon love thread

Moderator: Moderator Team

Post Reply
viller
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:47 am
Location: Finland

by viller

Image

Latest member of the family.

User avatar
jsprbcn
Posts: 190
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:05 pm
Location: Barcelona Spain
Contact:

by jsprbcn

In my opinion, the overall finishing would be perfect without wheel decals or with wheel decals in the same turquise color. (get this bottle cage in matt black to get rid of the white)

by Weenie


User avatar
carbonLORD
in the industry
Posts: 394
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2004 6:31 pm
Contact:

by carbonLORD

jsprbcn wrote:In my opinion, the overall finishing would be perfect without wheel decals or with wheel decals in the same turquise color. (get this bottle cage in matt black to get rid of the white)


Fixed it for you.
Image
carbonLORD.com

User avatar
jsprbcn
Posts: 190
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:05 pm
Location: Barcelona Spain
Contact:

by jsprbcn

Much better :-)

Can you also put the chain on the big ring with your Photoshop skills?

User avatar
carbonLORD
in the industry
Posts: 394
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2004 6:31 pm
Contact:

by carbonLORD

jsprbcn wrote:Much better :-)

Can you also put the chain on the big ring with your Photoshop skills?


I may 8) . The silver pedals are bothering me as well.
carbonLORD.com

User avatar
jsprbcn
Posts: 190
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:05 pm
Location: Barcelona Spain
Contact:

by jsprbcn

Now you say it.. yeah, those need to be black as well.

Zhiming
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:24 am

by Zhiming

Anyone saw this bike in the flesh or real photos online? just want to check how is the blue/white in real life.

https://www.canyon.com/en-sg/road/ultim ... l-8-0.html

User avatar
slake21
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:59 am
Location: EU

by slake21

Zhiming wrote:Anyone saw this bike in the flesh or real photos online? just want to check how is the blue/white in real life.

https://www.canyon.com/en-sg/road/ultim ... l-8-0.html

it's a new color option so you probably won't find any pictures just yet

User avatar
themidge
Posts: 220
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:19 pm
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

by themidge

Certainly looks good from Canyon's pics though :thumbup:
Kind of similar to the AG2R Factors
:hello:
Cannondale Supersix 2008 (weight: tbc)
B'twin Triban 540 (weight: :oops: )
Vitus "Benotto" 979 (weight: :? )

Ticlimax
Posts: 78
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:44 pm

by Ticlimax

Anyone know a way to get around the country related pricing?
An Endurace frameset at 1160 dollars in Singapore seems a lot more interesting than one in Germany at 1300 euro (1550 dollars).
At that price one could get it shipped in and still make a profit...

moonoi
Posts: 377
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:04 pm

by moonoi

Ticlimax wrote:Anyone know a way to get around the country related pricing?
An Endurace frameset at 1160 dollars in Singapore seems a lot more interesting than one in Germany at 1300 euro (1550 dollars).
At that price one could get it shipped in and still make a profit...

The Germany price includes local taxes, the Singapore price does not, hence the difference in pricing. Note that you still have to pay duty on the import of the frame in to Singapore, so it may not work out all that different in the end.

Ticlimax
Posts: 78
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:44 pm

by Ticlimax

moonoi wrote:
Ticlimax wrote:Anyone know a way to get around the country related pricing?
An Endurace frameset at 1160 dollars in Singapore seems a lot more interesting than one in Germany at 1300 euro (1550 dollars).
At that price one could get it shipped in and still make a profit...

The Germany price includes local taxes, the Singapore price does not, hence the difference in pricing. Note that you still have to pay duty on the import of the frame in to Singapore, so it may not work out all that different in the end.


Makes sense. Shame though. Would've been tempting over the Chinese carbon alternative.

Zhiming
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:24 am

by Zhiming

Ticlimax wrote:Anyone know a way to get around the country related pricing?
An Endurace frameset at 1160 dollars in Singapore seems a lot more interesting than one in Germany at 1300 euro (1550 dollars).
At that price one could get it shipped in and still make a profit...


For Singapore, on top of the bike price we need to pay for the bike box + delivery charges + local tax (GST) + bank (visa/master) charges + local land transport charges (FedEx).

Zhiming
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:24 am

by Zhiming

themidge wrote:Certainly looks good from Canyon's pics though :thumbup:
Kind of similar to the AG2R Factors


oh I think you might be right, might look like this:

https://www.google.com.sg/imgres?imgurl ... mrc&uact=8

User avatar
themidge
Posts: 220
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:19 pm
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

by themidge

That's the one :)
:hello:
Cannondale Supersix 2008 (weight: tbc)
B'twin Triban 540 (weight: :oops: )
Vitus "Benotto" 979 (weight: :? )

by Weenie


Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post