Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:41 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2122 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1138 139 140 141 142
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:15 pm 

Hello,
Does anyone know if there will be any reduction/sales this month?
Thank you!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:46 pm 

I'm in the same boat.......and it's sailed unfortunately! Did you try the factory outlet on Canyons website. They have limited models and sizes available on sale. I was looking at a Ultimate cf sl 8.0 aero reduced to €2999.00 last Tuesday night, I said I would buy it Wednesday morning while at work. Wednesday morning came and bike was sold! So I'm holding out for the next sale......hopefully it's not too long.

Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:46 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:08 am 

duckit wrote:
robertbb wrote:
Ticlimax wrote:
duckit wrote:
Hey guys

I am on the verge of pulling the trigger to order an Ultimate CF SLX 8.0 DI2 rim brake version.

However, i am torn between a size S or size M.

I did a bike fitting last year for a used Cervelo R5 which is a size 56 ( the frame was a hand-me-down ) and i was advised to use a 80mm stem but due to aesthetic purposes, i used a 100mm stem instead + not slammed. I do feel overstretched at times but still manageable.

I figured that the R5 is probably too big for me.

And as I compared both bikes' geometry;

Below are my findings, i might be wrong as i am really not good at reach / stack and stuffs so please correct me if i am going the wrong direction.

the R5's reach + recommended stem length 80 mm = 467 mm
the R5's reach + the 100 mm stem i used = 487 mm
the size M's Ultimate's reach + the integrated stem length 100mm that comes with it = 491 mm
the size S's Ultimate's reach + integrated stem length 90mm that comes with it = 475mm

Basic above, it would seems i will be even more stretched on the size M ultimate compared to the R5 with 100mm stem.

I've also punched in my numbers on the Canyon PPS and i was recommended a size M so i am pretty confused.

I am about 180-181cm tall with an inseam of 84cm
My saddle height at the moment is about 706mm from center off bb to center of saddle profile.

Let me know if i missed out anything.
Any input will be appreciated !
Thank you !
Reach without stack isn't as meaningful. The small will be better when it comes to reach, but maybe the bars will be to low. If the drop on the S (or the necessary spacers) suit you, go for it. A bikefitting is more reliable than Canyon's PPS.
I have almost identical measurements to you, and I would say I am about medium flexibility. I went with an S and it's perfect.
Thats nice !
Did you remove the spacers or stock stack on the Size S
Stem is exactly half way up the steerer (equal spacers top and bottom, including the conical spacer), and I am using a specialized hover bar for a tiny bit more rise.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:49 pm 

robertbb wrote:
duckit wrote:
robertbb wrote:
Ticlimax wrote:

Reach without stack isn't as meaningful. The small will be better when it comes to reach, but maybe the bars will be to low. If the drop on the S (or the necessary spacers) suit you, go for it. A bikefitting is more reliable than Canyon's PPS.
I have almost identical measurements to you, and I would say I am about medium flexibility. I went with an S and it's perfect.
Thats nice !
Stem is exactly half way up the steerer (equal spacers top and bottom, including the conical spacer), and I am using a specialized hover bar for a tiny bit more rise.
robertbb wrote:
duckit wrote:
robertbb wrote:
Ticlimax wrote:

Thats nice !
I have very similar dimensions as well, and I too, went with the small - I was worried at first when I pulled it out of the box but no regrets- just right.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:53 am 

Both of my canyon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:59 am 

n15m0 wrote:
Both of my canyon.

Lovely bike's there. I have an Aeroad rim brake and I am planing on getting a Ultimate CF SL Aero Disc for the winter months. How do you compare you're Ultimate against the Aeroad? I find the Aeroad very comfy and fast. I went for a size L just to get the slightly higher front end and without having to use a bunch of spacers under the stem. I plan to get a size M ultimate as the geometry isn't as aggressive. I'm 6ft tall and I am inbetween sizes so I hope the M won't feel to alien.
Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:40 am 

Hi Guys,

Has anyone been lucky enought to pull the trigger on the new 2018 Aeroad disc 8.0Di2? The website says it weighs in at 7.5kg, which seems quite good for an aero frame with ultegra and discs. The non disc version comes in at 7.2kgs. I was tossing up between the Ultimate and Aeroad, but even the Ultimate SLX SL Disc comes in at 7.4kgs and that's with Etap!

Cheers

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2122 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1138 139 140 141 142