The Canyon love thread

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

carbonLORD
in the industry

by carbonLORD

carbonLORD.com

Peter_E

by Peter_E

Frame, fork, headset and included liners were 1 390 grams. Bar/stem 322 grams and seat post 234 grams

iamraymond wrote:
Peter_E wrote:Got this Endurace CF SL disc frameset built up. Picture is not that great but happy with it (looks, weight, not ridden it yet). Sram Redgroup with new S-700 shifters, Fulcrum Quattro carbon wheels, 28mm Vittoria Corsa G etc.

Do you know what the weight was of the frameset, bars, seat post?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

iamraymond

by iamraymond

Peter_E wrote:Frame, fork, headset and included liners were 1 390 grams. Bar/stem 322 grams and seat post 234 grams

Thanks for the info! It’s very helpful. I’m going back and forth between the Ultimate SL disc and the Endurace SL disc, and I’m leaning now more to the geometry of the Endurace.

Peter_E

by Peter_E

iamraymond wrote:
Peter_E wrote:Frame, fork, headset and included liners were 1 390 grams. Bar/stem 322 grams and seat post 234 grams

Thanks for the info! It’s very helpful. I’m going back and forth between the Ultimate SL disc and the Endurace SL disc, and I’m leaning now more to the geometry of the Endurace.

I did the same. In the end I felt that the Endurace in Small would be a little small (too low stack) but Medium too big (especially seat tube) so decided on the Endurace in S. I am 1.78 with longish legs so in between Canyons sizes.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

rs84107

by rs84107

not necessarily a racing bike but one based on a racing bike... received this beauty yesterday but way to cold in this part of the world to try it out :P :P

The predecessor was also a canyon... but with 2,2 kg more....

mattr

by mattr

Anyone else bought a Lux recently and had issue with loose bolts in the suspension?

BelligerentBivalve

by BelligerentBivalve

No but god help you if you want help from canyon service. I've found them to be all smiles and promises before purchase but useless afterwards. Keen to hear if they help.

mattr

by mattr

No. Canyon themselves were fairly helpful once they realised that there was an issue. Took them a couple of weeks though.
Just wondered if anyone else had been affected.

robikka

by robikka

robikka wrote:so I received an answer from Cayon saying that the frame is asymetric and on every one it is the same as on mine. That this is the feature of the frame an it is the way how the frame was designed. So owners of latest canyon ultimate cf slx model what do you think do you see it the same way?

Canyon received my frame and now I am waiting for their reply (canyon has to check it), will let you know how it ended

duckit

by duckit

Hey guys

I am on the verge of pulling the trigger to order an Ultimate CF SLX 8.0 DI2 rim brake version.

However, i am torn between a size S or size M.

I did a bike fitting last year for a used Cervelo R5 which is a size 56 ( the frame was a hand-me-down ) and i was advised to use a 80mm stem but due to aesthetic purposes, i used a 100mm stem instead + not slammed. I do feel overstretched at times but still manageable.

I figured that the R5 is probably too big for me.

And as I compared both bikes' geometry;

Below are my findings, i might be wrong as i am really not good at reach / stack and stuffs so please correct me if i am going the wrong direction.

the R5's reach + recommended stem length 80 mm = 467 mm
the R5's reach + the 100 mm stem i used = 487 mm
the size M's Ultimate's reach + the integrated stem length 100mm that comes with it = 491 mm
the size S's Ultimate's reach + integrated stem length 90mm that comes with it = 475mm

Basic above, it would seems i will be even more stretched on the size M ultimate compared to the R5 with 100mm stem.

I've also punched in my numbers on the Canyon PPS and i was recommended a size M so i am pretty confused.

I am about 180-181cm tall with an inseam of 84cm
My saddle height at the moment is about 706mm from center off bb to center of saddle profile.

Let me know if i missed out anything.
Any input will be appreciated !
Thank you !

Ticlimax

by Ticlimax

duckit wrote:Hey guys

I am on the verge of pulling the trigger to order an Ultimate CF SLX 8.0 DI2 rim brake version.

I did a bike fitting last year for a used Cervelo R5 which is a size 56 ( the frame was a hand-me-down ) and i was advised to use a 80mm stem but due to aesthetic purposes, i used a 100mm stem instead + not slammed. I do feel overstretched at times but still manageable.

Below are my findings, i might be wrong as i am really not good at reach / stack and stuffs so please correct me if i am going the wrong direction.

the size M's Ultimate's reach + the integrated stem length 100mm that comes with it = 491 mm
the size S's Ultimate's reach + integrated stem length 90mm that comes with it = 475mm

Basic above, it would seems i will be even more stretched on the size M ultimate compared to the R5 with 100mm stem.

I've also punched in my numbers on the Canyon PPS and i was recommended a size M so i am pretty confused.

My saddle height at the moment is about 706mm from center off bb to center of saddle profile.

Thank you !
Reach without stack isn't as meaningful. The small will be better when it comes to reach, but maybe the bars will be to low. If the drop on the S (or the necessary spacers) suit you, go for it. A bikefitting is more reliable than Canyon's PPS.

rasmusic

by rasmusic

mattr wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:00 pm
Anyone else bought a Lux recently and had issue with loose bolts in the suspension?
Got a warranty replacement frame recently and had to use loctite on most bolts after the first trip. Disappointing.

mattr

by mattr

Yeah, that's a similar experience to the one i had. Turns out they misprinted the torque specs on the pivot bolts. Instead of 12Nm and threadlock, they printed 3Nm. Even threadlock isn't going to save that.

All tightened and threadlocked now.

robertbb

by robertbb

Ticlimax wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:37 pm

Thank you !
Reach without stack isn't as meaningful. The small will be better when it comes to reach, but maybe the bars will be to low. If the drop on the S (or the necessary spacers) suit you, go for it. A bikefitting is more reliable than Canyon's PPS.
I have almost identical measurements to you, and I would say I am about medium flexibility. I went with an S and it's perfect.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

duckit

by duckit

robertbb wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:38 am
Ticlimax wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:37 pm

Thank you !
I have almost identical measurements to you, and I would say I am about medium flexibility. I went with an S and it's perfect.
Thats nice !
Did you remove the spacers or stock stack on the Size S