Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:51 am

All times are UTC+01:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 705 posts ]  Go to page Previous 143 44 45 46 47 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:48 pm
Posts: 118
Nothing special here, pretty much stock. I'm still trying to dial in the fit and encountering some Reach issues that I did not anticipate but so far I really like it.

Image


Top
   
Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:08 pm 


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:30 pm
Posts: 173
I love that colourway!


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:46 pm
Posts: 200
Location: Poland
I have the same chiltonp - whats your issue with reach? too short, too long? mine didn't feel right till I put a 130mm stem on it even though the reach is apparently longer than my 56cm s3 that has 387mm reach vs the tcr m/l's 398..... weird.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:48 pm
Posts: 118
thanks @martyh.

I'm definitely no expert on fit or geometry so please bare with me. I feel more stretched out on this frame so far, no pictures to prove it however it may just take some getting used to. My previous bike was a Focus Izalco Team SL in what Focus deemed a "large". The Focus had a 555mm toptube which I ran a setback post on and a 110mm stem. On the Focus i ran 20mm of spacers under the stem as the headtube was short by my standards, (146mm). Given the Giant has a 168mm headtube and a 570mm TT I figured my fit would transfer over great and I could just run the seatpost in the non-offset position and ditch the spacers. However even now running a 100mm stem I feel my arms may be stretched out too far. Reach on the two seem similar with 390 on the Focus and 398 on the TCR....

As a side note can you guys tell if in my picture the seat-topper is in the offset or non-offset position? I'm having a hard time getting it correct....


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:31 pm
Posts: 463
chiltonp wrote:
thanks @martyh.

I'm definitely no expert on fit or geometry so please bare with me. I feel more stretched out on this frame so far, no pictures to prove it however it may just take some getting used to. My previous bike was a Focus Izalco Team SL in what Focus deemed a "large". The Focus had a 555mm toptube which I ran a setback post on and a 110mm stem. On the Focus i ran 20mm of spacers under the stem as the headtube was short by my standards, (146mm). Given the Giant has a 168mm headtube and a 570mm TT I figured my fit would transfer over great and I could just run the seatpost in the non-offset position and ditch the spacers. However even now running a 100mm stem I feel my arms may be stretched out too far. Reach on the two seem similar with 390 on the Focus and 398 on the TCR....

As a side note can you guys tell if in my picture the seat-topper is in the offset or non-offset position? I'm having a hard time getting it correct....


I thought no you need the 5 not 25 marker forward towards the stem in order to get inline? I suspect the seat tube angle having an impact ? Giant run slack STA compared to other new world race bikes. I rode 56cm tarmac for years bought ML TCR and it feeels huge - cannot find sweet spot despite trig getting fit where I like it. Just plain weird....


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:46 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:46 pm
Posts: 200
Location: Poland
diegogarcia wrote:
chiltonp wrote:
thanks @martyh.

I'm definitely no expert on fit or geometry so please bare with me. I feel more stretched out on this frame so far, no pictures to prove it however it may just take some getting used to. My previous bike was a Focus Izalco Team SL in what Focus deemed a "large". The Focus had a 555mm toptube which I ran a setback post on and a 110mm stem. On the Focus i ran 20mm of spacers under the stem as the headtube was short by my standards, (146mm). Given the Giant has a 168mm headtube and a 570mm TT I figured my fit would transfer over great and I could just run the seatpost in the non-offset position and ditch the spacers. However even now running a 100mm stem I feel my arms may be stretched out too far. Reach on the two seem similar with 390 on the Focus and 398 on the TCR....

As a side note can you guys tell if in my picture the seat-topper is in the offset or non-offset position? I'm having a hard time getting it correct....


I thought no you need the 5 not 25 marker forward towards the stem in order to get inline? I suspect the seat tube angle having an impact ? Giant run slack STA compared to other new world race bikes. I rode 56cm tarmac for years bought ML TCR and it feeels huge - cannot find sweet spot despite trig getting fit where I like it. Just plain weird....

Huh. So to get the 25 mm setback you should have the 25 marker forward? I did not know that! Could be what is causing some of my diffs too.


Sent from my K6000 Pro using Tapatalk


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:31 pm
Posts: 463
Undo the clamp, flip it so that the 25 is at the front not the back. 25 denotes 2.5 set back as per a lot of stock seat posts. 5 makes it inline or near as. If you are coming off a 73.5 seat tube to 73 youlll need to push the saddle further forward too....slacker seat tube further back ?


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:36 am
Posts: 205
The reach is quite big on mine coming from a Caad10 , I'm running a 90 m stem.

Ps how good is the TCR advanced sl 2 ? I love mine and can't really think of anything better !


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 5:39 am
Posts: 39
GIA26 wrote:
illskittlz wrote:
GIA26 wrote:
New bike has been delivered. :D

Image


Is this a custom color? I don't see this on the giant website.


This is a regular color.Please look at 2017 giant website. :)


I don't see it on the giant website. I am located in the US so I don't think it is available for us. Where are you located?


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:05 pm
Posts: 74
Looks like Giant revised the geometry specs this year. In 2016, the reach on the ML was 391mm. This year it says 398mm, which sounds correct. I also had a tough time dialing the fit over from my 56cm CAAD10. Looks like it was due to the BB being 5mm taller off the ground. It altered the rake of my fit and required me to run the same stack height, despite the HT being 13mm taller than the CAAD. It also feels better being back on a -6 stem vs Giant's -8.

_________________
17' Parlee Altum
16' Giant TCR Advanced Pro
13' Cannondale CAAD10


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:35 am
Posts: 141
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Longer reach on TCR's has always been a thing. I just can't get them to work for me without the whole setup looking weird.

_________________
It's ALL about the bike.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:49 am
Posts: 182
New tcx ImageImageImageImage


Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:21 am
Posts: 328
chiltonp wrote:
thanks @martyh.

I'm definitely no expert on fit or geometry so please bare with me. I feel more stretched out on this frame so far, no pictures to prove it however it may just take some getting used to. My previous bike was a Focus Izalco Team SL in what Focus deemed a "large". The Focus had a 555mm toptube which I ran a setback post on and a 110mm stem. On the Focus i ran 20mm of spacers under the stem as the headtube was short by my standards, (146mm). Given the Giant has a 168mm headtube and a 570mm TT I figured my fit would transfer over great and I could just run the seatpost in the non-offset position and ditch the spacers. However even now running a 100mm stem I feel my arms may be stretched out too far. Reach on the two seem similar with 390 on the Focus and 398 on the TCR....

As a side note can you guys tell if in my picture the seat-topper is in the offset or non-offset position? I'm having a hard time getting it correct....

The reach on the Focus is almost 10 mm shorter even without taking stack into account. The 20 mm of spacers under the stem serve only to make the effective reach on the Focus even shorter. If you've also changed handlebar shape and/or the groupset and/or the way you set up the bar and shifters, it's really quite possible to end up with more than 10 mm of difference in actual reach between the two bikes - and then add any possible difference in saddle setback on top of that if you weren't very precise when transferring the saddle position.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:31 pm
Posts: 463
robertbb wrote:
Longer reach on TCR's has always been a thing. I just can't get them to work for me without the whole setup looking weird.


I hear you. Have spent 4 weeks fettling and tried inline and set back, but inline it just looks stupid though needed. I have ISP and not like a regular round inline post. Seems to me, that Giant geo and me just not working well together ATM. You live and learn.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:05 pm
Posts: 74
Image

_________________
17' Parlee Altum
16' Giant TCR Advanced Pro
13' Cannondale CAAD10


Top
   
Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:17 pm 


Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 705 posts ]  Go to page Previous 143 44 45 46 47 Next

All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited