Let's see your Giants

Moderator: Moderator Team

gazzaputt

by gazzaputt

loudboxer wrote:
dlcrep wrote:
Gregg wrote:is redoing the internal cables much of a job on these? would of preferred doing the frame swap myself but the dealer had to do it for warranty purposes but at the time I wasn't too bothered.

It's probably the most simple internal cable routed frame to work with. Once the cables feed thru the faceplate, there's a direct guide all the way to the exit.

Wonder if this true for the disc-brake Defy... I asked at the shop and they believe the noodle guides are only at the BB, leaving cable inners loose between the frame stops and would require full bottom bracket removal to do any cable work.

I really want to shorten my somewhat noodley cable runs...

When changing the chainset on my Defy I found Giant hadn't installed the bottom bracket sleeve. Odd I think as I had to be careful not snag the Di2 cables. It is true they hang loose in the frame and the junction box which explains the rattle! I had to rethread the rear cable and it was okay. I made sure everything is up in the downtube away from the cranks with some electrical tape.

damond

by damond

gavin wrote:
damond wrote:
gavin wrote:Image

What's the saddle height? thanks

??
Not a for sale thread bud :lol:

745mm

yes i know, i am waiting for one myself and was just curious! thanks ;)

by Weenie

gavin

by gavin

Awesome bike it is a medium frame and in my opinion offers the best value of any top end road bike around . There are still some for sale and with 20% off the bike is excellent value

shotgun

by shotgun

Just updated mine, changed to eTap

gavin

by gavin

Nice shotgun

I however already have dura ace di2 on another bike and could not see myself getting used to different shifting patterns

gazzaputt

by gazzaputt

Updated:Image

Hunt Aero Disc wheelset added (weight w/o skerwers 1487g) as the freehub on the Zipps fell apart. Also the Zipps had been problematic since day one with various issues. Great wheels when they are running though. Returned to shop so needed a wheelset to run on.

Running 25mm Schwalbe Pro Ones tubeless. Also got a great deal on a Dura Ace 9000 cassette 11-28. Surprised with Dura Ace cassette and Di2 they shift smoother than the Ultegra cassette I replaced. I always thought the difference was that of weight and not performance.

As discs are centrelock I had some spare Avids 140mm I picked up for a fiver each at Planet X. Porkier though than 6 bolt offerings. Far better braking than lightweight KCNC discs.

Bike looks cleaner I think with Hunts. Great wheelset for the money.

Edit: Weight - 7.89kg Ouch! Wow! I was hoping to be around 7.4kg mark tbh. Shaved weight with the Hunt wheels and Dura Ace cassette but still. Tubeless setup probably is same weight as the Scwalbe Ones and the Vittoria latex inners. Porky frameset and gruppo.

Trying a Aliante R1 saddle. Think I have the torque issue sussed. Hopefully about 60g saved there.
Last edited by gazzaputt on Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:29 pm, edited 6 times in total.

GIA26

by GIA26

New bike has been delivered. :D

moonoi

by moonoi

My old 2013 TCR Advanced SL Rabobank, my first top end frameset and the only one of several bikes I've owned since that I miss and regret selling

Sent from my turnip using Tapatalk

CaptainP

by CaptainP

GIA26 wrote:New bike has been delivered. :D

Damn nice - what size is that?

damond

by damond

looks like a small!

GIA26

by GIA26

CaptainP wrote:

Thanks!

This is a small.

CaptainP

by CaptainP

GIA26 wrote:
CaptainP wrote:

Thanks!

This is a small.

Cool :thumbup: What is your BB to saddel top height?

GIA26

by GIA26

CaptainP wrote:
GIA26 wrote:
CaptainP wrote:

Thanks!

This is a small.

Cool :thumbup: What is your BB to saddel top height?

Saddle height from BB is 720mm. And my height is 176cm. :o

Tomstr

by Tomstr

That photography is ace, it reminds me to get my @ss out of the office and make some myself. Do you have a page where all your bike-related photography is presented?
Ride it like you stole it

by Weenie