Any 2013 Giant's about yet??

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

743power
Shop Wrench

by 743power

@Tinea, this is my 2013 TCR adv se. Basically just a standard advanced sans graphics. Before this, I had a 2011 tcr adv sl isp. The bikes are definitely different from eachother in feel. Also, this one is over .25lb heavier and thats with new red vs old.
Attachments
tcr.jpg
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Ride quality?

Mine hopefully here in the coming week or two.

austke

by austke

Hoping to have a 2013 TCR Advanced SL0 soonish. Trying to finalise pricing, colour and availability ( how quickly he can get a hold of one in the size and colour that I want). Standard spec.
90% sure this is what I will go with.
2013 Giant TCR Advanced SL 0, 6.92kg
2013 Giant Defy Composite 2 M, 8.5kg - Wife's
Azzurro Torino 8.55g
Fuji 650 10.8kg
Miele Lupa Triple Tandem 38,89kg

743power
Shop Wrench

by 743power

Are there any of those bikes in the wild? Looks like we're not going to see the 9070 groupset until the spring classics.
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

austke

by austke

Just been confirmed by my LBS. Earliest I can get it is 3 rd week of February. Apparently that is the earliest the 9070 grouppo will be available for me. I think he was saying he Might be able to get 1 a little earlier but I am happy to wait.
It will be a medium with the blue highlights.
Tinea, which model are you getting? Sorry for my ignorance, if you have already mentioned it.
Austke
Azzurro Torino 8.55g
Fuji 650 10.8kg

743power
Shop Wrench

by 743power

Tinea Pedis wrote:Ride quality?

Mine hopefully here in the coming week or two.

I find the front end to be rather harsh on this bike. Not something I ever noticed on a bike before. Not necessarily a bad thing, as the steering precision is quite perfect. Also, compared to my SL, this standard advanced doesnt feel as solid as unit. The front and rear feel separated because of how incredibly solid the front end is. The seatpost is surprisingly forgiving. I find the bike is a little more affected by crosswinds compared to other bikes I've owned.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

austke wrote:Tinea, which model are you getting? Sorry for my ignorance, if you have already mentioned it.
Austke

No no, not at all. Not mentioned as even I was not totally sure on the model.

It'll be the TCR Advanced SL 0.

743power :beerchug:

bigcalves

by bigcalves

I pre-ordered a 2013 TCR Advanced SL 0 back in September here in the states with my local rep. It was really unclear when the bike was going to be available becuase of the 9070 option as noted. I heard everythimg from December 2012 to late spring 2013. So I switched to the 2013 TCR Advanced SL 1 and my bike arrived in November (same bike, full Mechnical 9000, vs Di2). I decided I would rather have the new bike then wait. I will probabbly upgrade to the Di2 parts after the 2013 season is over and the frame is designed for an easy change over (my current bikes has the 7900 version of Di2). I will try to get a pick of my bike up this weekend.

Really impressed with the job Giant did asembling the bike and packing it. It built up very nicely. Also the DT made, Giant branded, wheels are really nice. I did swap out the Giant bar and stem. Hard to find other stems in 1.25, not a lot of options.

austke

by austke

Tinea,
I would love to see your TCR SL0, when you take delivery of it. Cant wait to get mine. :D

Here is a couple of shots of a loan bike from my LBS.

It is a 2013 Giant Defy Composite 2 in a medium. As far as I can tell it is the same spec as on the Giant Australia Website. SRAM apex Groupset, KMC X10, etc etc. Its weight according to my hanging scales is 8.5kg on the dot.

Sorry about the pics, as my wifes slr pics would'nt upload, (not sure if size was an issue), So I took these with my IPHONE 5 and then uploaded them, ( Via Facebook and then saved to my pics folder, which then chopped the size down for me :D ).

If there are any other shots that anybody wants such as brakes or what have you, just let me know, and I will see what I can do.

Cheers and a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all.

Austke
Attachments
2013 Giant Defy Composite 2 Medium.jpg
Angled Shot.jpg
Defy Composite.jpg
SRAM Shiters.jpg
SRAM Apex Crankset.jpg
Rear Mech.jpg
27894_461282137252283_817191522_n.jpg
Azzurro Torino 8.55g
Fuji 650 10.8kg

Schmittler

by Schmittler

austke

by austke

Schmitter, :welcome: to Weight Weenies.
Love the bike and the scenery, It is alway easy to go for a ride when we have scenery like this. :beerchug:

Austke
Azzurro Torino 8.55g
Fuji 650 10.8kg

WileEcoyote

by WileEcoyote

My 2013 Giant TCR Advanced SL4

Only changes so far are Ritchey Carbon Logic 2 bars, Lizard Skin bar tape, Specialized Toupe saddle, Look Keo Carbon pedals, Dura Ace cassette, Reynolds Assault wheels, and Michelin Pro 3 tires. It weighed about 16.8 pounds stock from the bike shop. I have not weighed it with the changes, but it is starting to approach 16 I would imagine. Future changes include a Ritchey stem and titanium skewers. I also need to cut the steerer tube and perhaps the seatpost. Possibly thinking about a lighter crankset.
Attachments
IMG_5938.JPG

manne

by manne

A red group would look awesome with that color scheme :wink:

WileEcoyote

by WileEcoyote

manne wrote:A red group would look awesome with that color scheme :wink:

It's a definite possibility. I will probably upgrade the group this summer. I had been thinking Dura Ace 7900, but Red Black would look pretty amazing. I need to do an outside photo, that picture just didn't come out that great.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com