Show me your ti bikes

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

kurisu

by kurisu

So many nice bikes in this thread.
Long time lurker first time poster.
I thought I'd share some pictures of my No. 22 Reactor.
6.94kg as shown on the first picture.
Still not 100% done with stem position.
Last edited by kurisu on Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nachetetm

by nachetetm

Marin wrote:Here's my TTT, road & gravel do-it-all Ti bike. I call it the Heretic CL2:

4-man team time trial setup - we made 5th / 46 in class and 10th / 96 overall - 6.75kg:

Detail:

"Heavy" allroad setup with 35mm Compass Bon Jovies - 7.1 kg:

Everyday commuter/group ride/mixed surface setup with 30mm Gran Bois, 6,98kg:

Gravel event setup with 650b x 42mm Panaracer Pari-Motos:

May I ask what fork are you using? My steel frame follows a very similar concept to your "do everything" bike but the Columbus hiver fork I use doesn't have that much front clearance and I may upgrade to something like yours in the future. Thanks!!

Enviado desde mi XT1068 mediante Tapatalk

Marin

by Marin

nachetetm wrote:May I ask what fork are you using? My steel frame follows a very similar concept to your "do everything" bike but the Columbus hiver fork I use doesn't have that much front clearance and I may upgrade to something like yours in the future. Thanks!!

The name on the fork kinda gives it away - it's a Whisky fork :)

Whisky No 7 RD+ to be specific, it's the only carbon fork with that kind of clearance.

Kinesis do a tapered one that I used on my last Heretic, but it does 32mm max.

nachetetm

by nachetetm

Marin wrote:
nachetetm wrote:May I ask what fork are you using? My steel frame follows a very similar concept to your "do everything" bike but the Columbus hiver fork I use doesn't have that much front clearance and I may upgrade to something like yours in the future. Thanks!!

The name on the fork kinda gives it away - it's a Whisky fork :)

Whisky No 7 RD+ to be specific, it's the only carbon fork with that kind of clearance.

Kinesis do a tapered one that I used on my last Heretic, but it does 32mm max.
I know the whiskey fork. It wasn't available when I ordered my frame set and it is quite a bit more expensive than the columbus hiver but I have it in mind for a future upgrade. The kinesis however i didn't have it on the radar. Truth is that back in the time i asked Columbus and they told me that the hiver fits 32mm wide tires but far from it, 30mm already makes me a bit uncomfortable, the tire fits quite close to the fork blades.

Enviado desde mi XT1068 mediante Tapatalk

Marin

by Marin

The Kinesis Tracer (remebered the name now) rubbed during cornering with 32mm tires, but 30 is fine.

Here's a pic with 32s:

Was better with 30s:

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Marin wrote:Nice, very clean build! What forks are those?

3T Rigida Ltd that I sanded down.

markwb79

by markwb79

Over the last 3 months since I decided to get a titanium bike, I think I have gone through every page on this thread.

I have really loved the process, decided on the builder, the spec, the geometry, the parts...etc etc etc. Its been a brilliant experience.

And now its done. Its come out better than my wildest dream.

I wanted a winter bike. Permanent full length mudguards, but with di2 and rim brakes, and a really tight geometry.

Never going to be a weight weenie, but thought I would post it here as I got so much inspiration from all of you.

The highlights.....
Burls Ti Frame
Tracer fork
Chris King headset
Ultegra di2 (mostly)
Rotor SRM
Ambrosio Nemesis
SKS mudguards
Thomson stem and seat tube
Bang on 9kg, so not light, but it wasn't supposed to be. More due to the components than the frameset.

Took a little while getting it ready. Seat post keeps on slipping. But its getting there.

Its just stunning to look at, but riding it is really great too. The weight of the bike is taking a while to get used to.

Imaking20

by Imaking20

That's a great looking frame! Even if it is a porker ;)

FilmAt11

by FilmAt11

An update on my 2017 Waltly built last November. I've been riding Challenge 27c Paris-Roubaix on Zonda C17 wheels and really enjoying the bike. I appreciate the geometry choices I made more off-road than on. On a rocky trail like this, the rear steering is very helpful. On the road it can be tiring, but that could be the rider's core fitness.

Trying my first tubulars, made a mess with the Mastik One. 7.32kg

roelez

by roelez

Old colnago ct1 well i know its not a campy , i just use my left over groupset it would be a waste if i dont use the ultegra take off from my canyon lol Image

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Transplanted

by Transplanted

So many beautiful bikes! I picked up this Litespeed Catalyst over the winter. Waiting to get outside to ride my first titanium bike.

TonyM

by TonyM

roelez wrote:Old colnago ct1 well i know its not a campy , i just use my left over groupset it would be a waste if i dont use the ultegra take off from my canyon lol Image

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Love that Colnago!!

But was the oversized pulley a left over also? LOL
What do you think about it? (Beside the aesthetics)

charlieboy52000

by charlieboy52000

jbaillie wrote:@charlieboy52000 is that Helix running SRAM Force brake levers w/ Red shifters?
Yes. So now they weight the same as reds. Lol. The force levers are aluminum. The red are carbon. The force ones were rusted so I decided to change them and carbon can’t rust! They work perfectly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

charlieboy52000

by charlieboy52000

Delorre wrote:
charlieboy52000 wrote:
Lightweenie wrote:39/12 is not really a recommended gear because of significant cross-chaining...
In Miami for strength training you have to work with what you got. There are no hills to get strong so you have to go up the bridges and grind.

Use 52/16, and you have the exact same gear ratio, without horrid cross chain :shock:
When I go the 1st time up the bridge I’m cold so I use 39/13-12 just to do some strength warm up. Don’t get too hang up on gear ratios and technical stuff. It feels right for me so I do it. I don’t care about cross chain and what not. When the chain wears out I change it. When the dogs wear out, I change them. When it is time to go hard I go hard and hammer. The bike is a tool.
What works for some don’t work for all.
Me, it hurts my muscles during the warm up if I go up with the 53 at the bridge. So I don’t.
It is like when people used to tell me to ride at a cadence of more than 95 all the time. I did it and after years of suffering those high cadences I decided to do 80-85. Now I’m faster and last longer at high output while racing. I’m faster because my body fiber composition favors strength over agility.
Again don’t get hang up on technicalities and feel what your body is telling you.

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

My new Eriksen:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com