Show me your ti bikes

Moderator: Moderator Team

Calnago

by Calnago

Some really nice looking bikes lately in here. I'm of the "horizontal top tubes rule" thinking myself... to me they just look so much better.

What I don't get (never have) are those "kinked" Thompson seat posts. Most unelegant things ever. Looks like they start life as a zero set back post, then to get the proper setback it gets stuck in a vice and bent.

jbaillie

by jbaillie

I see absolutely no problem with the Thomson setback (I ride a 25mm setback 3T post) but I think we can all agree that it shouldn't be done backwards, on a cross bike with aerobars.

by Weenie

Tenlegs

by Tenlegs

I agree, ugly things, but Thomson has seen the light at last.
http://www.bikerumor.com/2014/03/18/tho ... st-design/

threadless

by threadless

I'm slowing upgrading my old Litespeed in preparation for this summer's riding. Just installed a DA 7800 grouppo. I'm thinking of keeping the 7400 cranks because they are decently light (especially with the American Classic ti spindle bb I have). The wheels are next, and I'm planning to do some light hubs to Kinlin XR-300s. It isn't as high budget as some of the beauties on here, but it'll get the job done.

FredV

by FredV

Here's my Nevi Spinas :
Attachments
Nevi1.jpg

cwcheung

by cwcheung

Merlin XLM ~ 8.6kg

Speedvagen 2015 Road Disc 7.9kg | Speedvagen 2017 Superlight Road Disc

teleguy57

by teleguy57

]New Hampsten ti Gran Paradiso. Replaced my 2011 version as my position changed and the bike was a little more flexible than I decided I really wanted (I had asked Steve to make it more comfortable than stiff). This one has fatter DT and TT, plus a larger HT while no going the full 44mm route. Larger BB shell for PF30 and FAT 1" chainstays! (Note: bars have been retaped after I tweaked my position -- with no offending brake lever clamps exposed:))

Absolutely love the ride (still incredible comfortable) but no movement in the front end when climbing standing, and when I push on the pedals on the flats the power goes right to the drivetrain and the bike just goes. Did I say how much I love this bike?!?!?!

Gotta love the pig!

Certainly not a grimpeur at 90kg...

Plenty of clearance w/25mm tubulars

Amazing welds, PF30BB, fat chainstays

rasmussloth

by rasmussloth

Looks really really good.

And I like the clearance.

Where did you find the snow?

michel2

by michel2

I would love to some more photo's og those 1" chain stays, domthe really messeure 25.4 mm?
Im drawing up a bike frame at the moment in love healthy sizes stays, iam in the same weight category as u are(;
Thanks mick

jbaillie

by jbaillie

Friday Ti Day! @teleguy57 I love that frame.

Have you given any thought to a setback post, just to center the rails a bit?

teleguy57

by teleguy57

Thanks for all the compliments! To your comments:

rasmussloth wrote:Where did you find the snow?

Wisconsin USA. These were taken two weeks ago, but we still have some snow on the ground and there are still snowbanks several feet high along the roadsides and bigger mounds where it has been plowed/piled. Finally got above freezing this week; my last four rides before yesterday was a high of 31F with lots of wind.

michel2 wrote:I would love to some more photo's og those 1" chain stays, domthe really messeure 25.4 mm?
Im drawing up a bike frame at the moment in love healthy sizes stays, iam in the same weight category as u are(;
Thanks mick

Just put the calipers on them: indeed 25.4mm! Here are a few more photos:

jbaillie wrote:Friday Ti Day! @teleguy57 I love that frame. Have you given any thought to a setback post, just to center the rails a bit?

I'm still tweaking my saddle position; this seatpost actually has about 15mm setback when you look at the lower cradle. I may go to a 20mm setback post, but that will be a bit further out.

michel2

by michel2

Thanks (; it really looks neat
I run the same seatpost on my mtb, if you want more setback, do i dare say campagnolo record ? (;

photocycler

by photocycler

Just swapped a few things,

- ENVE STEM
- Mavic SLS Wheels
Attachments
photo(1).jpg

teleguy57

by teleguy57

michel2 wrote:Thanks (; it really looks neat
I run the same seatpost on my mtb, if you want more setback, do i dare say campagnolo record ? (;

Unfortunately, no Campagnolo in a 30.9 -- this one with black hardware. Steve Hampsten would finish it to match the frame :beerchug:

by Weenie

photocycler

by photocycler

Made some updates today

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396144724.920157.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396144734.102055.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Attachments
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396144710.667096.jpg