On the road today...

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

hornedfrog

by hornedfrog

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Dalai

by Dalai

HakeemT wrote:Was there last week; black ice everywhere after about 12k in. Crashed going uphill, bike just slid out from underneath me! Ended up doing some repeats to the halfway point, good to hear the road was better this weekend.

Wow, sounds nasty! What time of day - early morning? As I have ridden up there in all conditions and never had issues... Including having to climb through the gate before the top and ride around people walking through the snow. But I usually only get out to the base by 10am at the earliest.

airwise

by airwise

basilic wrote:hey airwise - where was that snowy picture taken?

That was taken from Passo Valparoza looking down at the Falzarego in the Dolomites. Taken last Friday. There has been a fair amount of snow over here in the past week and very low temperatures. Getting better now.

I love the Valaise.

basilic

by basilic

Thanks airwise - another pass to add to the to do list, oh well.
Jvanv, sure, I love to plan rides, let me know if you come this way.

Monkeyboy3333

by Monkeyboy3333

Telephone box 'Library' - Ubley , UK.

HakeemT

by HakeemT

Dalai wrote:
HakeemT wrote:Was there last week; black ice everywhere after about 12k in. Crashed going uphill, bike just slid out from underneath me! Ended up doing some repeats to the halfway point, good to hear the road was better this weekend.

Wow, sounds nasty! What time of day - early morning? As I have ridden up there in all conditions and never had issues... Including having to climb through the gate before the top and ride around people walking through the snow. But I usually only get out to the base by 10am at the earliest.

Started the climb just after 8am, temperature gauge in the car showed -1.5c when going through Yarra Junction, so yeah it must have been cold still up the mountain. The other problem is that there's almost no sunlight at all hitting that part of the road during winter.

kya

by kya

Heres some pics from my trip to Maui last weekend. The first 6 pics are in chronological order from the same day's ride. The last pic is me coming up to the summit of Haleakala.

Pardon my terrible photography.

Routier

by Routier

Bit of strada bianchi today

PSM

by PSM

Country side outside Stockholm:

112 km.

jmilliron

by jmilliron

Rode in the mountains this morning. Started at 5:30 am. Nice being up there with zero traffic. Going to be a zoo later today.

2013 Wilier Cento1 SR || 2009 Ridley Crossbow || 2011 Yeti AS-R 5 Carbon

PSM

by PSM

Great pictures. Sweden looks pretty boring compared to CA. ;)

Ninius

by Ninius

Photographed the Lofoten Insomnia race a few days ago. The race starts at 2 AM and you ride the entire length of the Lofoten Islands (235 km). The midnight sun makes it a spectacular experience albeit a very tiring one. Race was won by Canadian rider Jeff Webb with a time of 6:51.

Image.

More pictures here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/-oystein-/ ... 452086466/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rush

by Rush

Last Sunday morning in Melbourn.e

djm

by djm

Ninius: I saw one of the pics on fellow friend Henrik's FB profile. Awesome shots! :-)

Unfortunately the timing for me to do the race this year was off with a couple of days. I have a 2nd place from 2011 to improve ;-) Not sure I would have been able to beat Jeff Webb this year though, he is looking very strong and was inimitable in Midnattsolrittet in Bodø a few weeks ago too. Bummed to hear about Henrik's mechanical before the start..!

Routier

by Routier

Great stuff Ninius, and welcome to the forum.

Stunning weather today, just perfect.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com