On the road today...

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

JamieL

by JamieL

First photo in this list from Seiyun, Yemen? No bike but managed to sneak out for an evening run.

Leviathan

by Leviathan

Actually Ive been there, but only have a photo of me with a Kalashnikov there, not a bike. I lived in Taiiz for three years back in the day...can still let you know where to hook up the good qat....

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Leviathan

by Leviathan

PSM wrote:Stockholm is beautiful in november! :oops:

Perhaps thats what they thought was the Russian Submarine cupola? :noidea:

JamieL

by JamieL

Leviathan wrote:Actually Ive been there, but only have a photo of me with a Kalashnikov there, not a bike. I lived in Taiiz for three years back in the day...can still let you know where to hook up the good qat....

I didn't take my bike either but flying in it looks like the mountains around Sana'a would be awesome on a mountain bike. Country just has bigger problems at the moment though...

PSM

by PSM

Perhaps thats what they thought was the Russian Submarine cupola? :noidea:

No. I call it "The tit". It is is situated next to lake Mälaren.

And the "foreign" subs in our archipelago is no fun at all. Google U137... I am 46 soon and I remember that... :(
Last edited by PSM on Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GASer

by GASer

About two weeks old but nothing changed since

Trek SpeedConcept 9.9 Project One, Basso Diamante SV, DeRosa SK (sold), Orbea Orca Gold 6430gr, Orbea Aqua, Tommasini Tecno, FM-066SL 6480gr, Kinesis RaceLight T2, Trek Superfly 100, Orbea Alma 29, Specialized Enduro S-Works 29, KTM EXC-250

Dalai

by Dalai

Returned Tuesday night after a 4 day credit card tour with three friends from Lilydale to Wangaratta 489km. Included some extremely rough and steep terrain between Mirimbah and Whitfield...

Day one 163km from Lilydale to Jamieson roughly half sealed - Warburton rail trail, Reefton Spur, Eildon Warburton rd (not one car!) and finally over a tough climb at around 140km in to finally descend into Jamieson.

Bike set up using my Revelate Designs Viscacha which works amazingly including numerous jumps over water bars day two!

Eildon Warburton rd

Day two Jamieson to Whitfield over Mt Stirling 133km and some extremely steep and rough 4WD tracks.

No 3 Road view at around 1550m above sea level

Day three 104km. Was to go over the back of Mt Buffalo via the Goldie Spur track, but the inclement weather had us taking the safer option to Myrtleford and then onto Bright.

Day 4 88km Cruise into Wangaratta via the rail trail and couple of hours enjoying the three course degustation option at Gapsted winery...

TImeMachine

by TImeMachine

basilic wrote:probably the last "interesting" ride of the year
col de Joux-Plane

Hi basilic

I saw your post and have recently just come across Weight Weenies so I registered. :D

I was near the location above this September with a couple of friends - Morzine? you may have gone through it if you descended down the "easy" side of the Joux Plane? Anyway it was my first time in the Alps (cycling and hiking holiday, but we ended up cycling everyday and hiking when we got back!), what a stunning stunning place, so much so I didn't want to leave lol we are going back in February and again in summer! (Morzine).

Whilst there we biked everyday (first climb was the Avoriaz which was my first ever Alpine climb) and threw in some MTB as well but mostly road. I've got a ton of pics.

You are incredibly lucky to have such amazing cycling near you and I am extremely jealous :D :wink:

I keep looking at the Morzine webcams to see how the snow level is but I guess its still reasonably early yet. Would love to see more pics and hear of any "bonus" climbs in the area that are maybe not so well known.

Thanks

makoy

by makoy

Las Casas Filipinas, Bagac, Bataan, Philippines

sorry about the flood

basilic

by basilic

Dalai, that looks like a great adventure!
welcome back Makoy
Timemachine, I could have ridden to Morzine but that side was in the shade and it was getting late. Lots of good riding in the area, touch base whenever you're about to get here, I'll give you some suggestions.
Today the cold weather is back, I hoped to see the sun again but no luck. The stratus layer up to Mt Saxonnex:

in and out of this

eurperg

by eurperg

Spotting heavy machinery while fat biking...

MoPho

by MoPho

NorCal Mt Diablo

makoy

by makoy

basilic, eurperg, MoPho
amazing!

djm

by djm

Wow.. Nice pictures!

Also; WOW mods. Thanks for FINALLY removing the stupid sub-forum. It took a while! :) I am convinced these threads (Action pics) will see increased views and an increased amount of pictures!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pinoymamba

by pinoymamba

bay area is finally seeing some rain...