On the road today...

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Monkeyboy3333 wrote:all on a Willier.

You make it sound like he was riding a hand grenade?? :shock:

Lovely shots mate. Damn Colorado was beautiful to ride in. Cannot thank Spec enough for having their launch there.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

GASer

by GASer

Easy going today

Trek SpeedConcept 9.9 Project One, Basso Diamante SV, DeRosa SK (sold), Orbea Orca Gold 6430gr, Orbea Aqua, Tommasini Tecno, FM-066SL 6480gr, Kinesis RaceLight T2, Trek Superfly 100, Orbea Alma 29, Specialized Enduro S-Works 29, KTM EXC-250

weekapaugin

by weekapaugin

awesome shots Dalai, I think you have done more of the big "epic US" rides than most of us that live here. What were your favorites? Interested to hear your perspective on the different regions.

Elrey

by Elrey

Denmark, Copenhagen. 6 degrees.

fitty4

by fitty4

Nice Elrey, It looks like one of those rides where you completely forget about time,stress and worries. Please tell me more about the place with the deers, is a closed park?

Elrey

by Elrey

i just went for it and forgot about the world for a couple of hours.
It's a open park. Well... there is fences but the gates are open 24/7 So you can ride there night or day. And the best thing is, that the only place there is off limits is the golf course. I went there as well :lol:

Dalai

by Dalai

Monkeyboy3333 wrote:just checked out your blog Dalai, Pikes peak is defo a bucket list climb of mine. Great pics man and all on a Willier.

I was extremely happy the Pikes Peak overseers have allowed bikes year round after a successful trial last year. Still need to write them a letter of appreciation as this would be one of the highlights of the rides this trip.

weekapaugin wrote:awesome shots Dalai, I think you have done more of the big "epic US" rides than most of us that live here. What were your favorites? Interested to hear your perspective on the different regions.

Just got back and still unpacking / doing loads of washing plus need to still write up Mt Lemmon, Palomar Mountain and GMR-GRR-Baldy loop done on my last days. Once done I'll put down my thoughts in the Climbs USA topic. What I will say here now though is the climbs are well worth travelling for! Those of you in the States have a wealth of amazing climbs. They don't have the history of the Euro Alps climbs but are every bit as good.

Back to photos. Rode both sides of Trail Ridge Road CO Grand Lake the day Estes Park flooded and was the only road out of town! So not too many views that day as the mountain was socked in cloud and rain.

Finally a light blue sky on descending the west side back to the car.

jvanv8

by jvanv8

Elrey, fantastic photos. I was wondering if these deer had more covert plans for the hunting season, until I saw the photos of you coming home to your chateau - Dyrehaven (the royal deer park)

Dalai, sorry you are getting caught up in some of the worst flooding in Colorado in years... it's all over the national news.
AX Vial Evo: 4970g
Addict SL : 5235g
My Cycling Blog
Strava: Wayward Cyclist

Dalai

by Dalai

jvanv8 wrote:Dalai, sorry you are getting caught up in some of the worst flooding in Colorado in years... it's all over the national news.

Was in the International news too which worried family back home. These photos were from last week; I'm back home already and was fortunate to still get my CO rides in. But not good news for those living there with all the devastation!.

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Dalai, do you have any gradient figure for Pikes Peak climb? You wrote about some steep sections at high altitudes (low oxygen levels), but didn't state gradients. What were the highest "sustained" gradients (say 100 meters plus length, as opposed to just short steep gradients in switchbacks themselves, say)?

Dalai

by Dalai

Routier

by Routier

We're enjoying a bit of an Indian summer at the moment, it was about 20C today. Popped over to the Edale area of the Peak District but unfortunately I didn't have my climbing legs on...

It was impossible to get a decent photo due to the light but this is the infamous Winnats Pass. I'm pleased to say that I rode down it.

Monkeyboy3333

by Monkeyboy3333

Tinea Pedis wrote:
Monkeyboy3333 wrote:all on a Willier.

You make it sound like he was riding a hand grenade?? :shock:

Lovely shots mate. Damn Colorado was beautiful to ride in. Cannot thank Spec enough for having their launch there.

Tinea, you have me all wrong, I wrote that as I have a Willier too, it was in admiration and wish I was riding up there on mine. The joy of the written word eh...

Dalai

by Dalai

With all the rain flooding the Front Range and heavily overnight in Idaho Springs I wasn't sure if I would be able to ride Mt Evans. But by 9 am the rain stopped... :D

Towards Echo Lake

Above Echo Lake

Switchbacks near the top

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

jmilliron wrote:Been having fun mountain biking in Moab, Utah.

This looks like it could be a magazine cover. :beerchug: