Riding from North-London during holidays (Rapha Festive 500)

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

llhh

by llhh

Hello everybody,

Happens so that I will be spending two weeks during Christmas and New-Year in North London Muswell Hill area and would love to do some miles while there. If the weather is not too bad, maybe try to do the Rapha 500 challenge?

I was wondering if any fellow-weenies are from around that area? Any group rides from there North-London? Anyone else thinking about Rapha 500?

Also all suggestions where to rent a decent or half-decent road bike in North London are very welcome or maybe somebody even has a spare/winter etc bike to rent out for the period?

Cheers,
Lars
Parlee Z1 Super Record
Dogma F Red AXS

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

greentimgreen

by greentimgreen

Depending on the distance you like to cover, my advice would be to head out to the Chilterns, which is my new stomping ground. Lots of nice countryside, quiet in terms of traffic and good road surface. Top cycling. I found a few routes by searching other Strava users, filtering on 60mi+, 1000m+, etc, and then downloaded them to my Garmin.

Alternatively, the Rapha Café in Soho do a Saturday morning ride, topped and tailed by two seasoned pro riders, that usually covers 70 odd miles out in either Surrey or the North Downs. Usually a nice bunch of guys to join. You need to join their Twitter feed to register for it.
2014 Parlee Z-Zero DADi2 & ENVE (6.2kg)
2015 Colnago C60 RSWH Campag Chorus & Mavic SLR (c.7kg)

MattSoutherden

by MattSoutherden

Finsbury Park CC runs go from Potters Bar on Sunday's. There may also be other rides going on which would be arranged on the Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/finsburypark.c ... ub?fref=nf

Finchley do rides on Sat and Sun. http://www.finchleyracingteam.com/?page_id=7
Snacking on carrot sticks - Where did it all go so wrong?
-
Finsbury Park CC