Action - pictures !

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Zitter

by Zitter

edesigner wrote:
Zitter wrote:4s crit. Won with a late attack through the last corner and sprinted ahead of the field

You keep winning pedaling thru corners like that and you will be getting bumped up in no time (or being called sandbagger :) Nice form and congrats.

BTW - that takes balls riding a 4s crit sans gloves :)

I actually won another crit this past weekend in the sprint, but during the second race of the day I clipped my pedal going through the last corner before the sprint so I guess I mistimed that one haha, slid out and got a bit of road rash, but not too bad =P. Still 7 points away from my upgrade, but they might give it to me anyways since I have more than 10 top 10 finishes. good thing I wore gloves this time too, shredded through my right glove but stopped before breaking the first layer of skin

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jmilliron

by jmilliron

Damn, you guys still have official USA Cycling sanctioned road races and crits going this late in the year? Last Northern California race was in September.

Only sanctioned stuff going on up here in CX. Which, is totally fine by me.
2013 Wilier Cento1 SR || 2009 Ridley Crossbow || 2011 Yeti AS-R 5 Carbon

Zitter

by Zitter

just upgrade crits, nothing really big

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

jmilliron wrote:Here I am at yesterday's LowKey Hill Climb:
http://lowkeyhillclimbs.com/2012/week8/results.html wrote:5 212 Clark Foy Western Wheelers 45+ 74:02.0 14.91 3565 122.10
Was Clark rocking a Garmin Vector?

edesigner

by edesigner

SolidSnake03 wrote:Inside pedal down through a corner makes me concerned :shock:

Clipped a pedal once and that was enough of a scare for me!

Regardless, congrats on the win!

It's a double edged sword. When I was racing 1/2 crits you either pedal thru them or lost position on any flat or false flat. You just have to get to know your lean angle :). I am on Speedplays so you don't catch a pedal.. you catch a shoe lol.

Next year is my full return to racing after almost a decade and a half. Master Nationals are up here in Bend again so it's time to dial in that lean angle again me thinks

Zitter - glad to hear that you were wearing gloves. That is nucking futs doing any crit without them.. don't ask me how I know :)

jmilliron

by jmilliron

HammerTime2 wrote:
jmilliron wrote:Here I am at yesterday's LowKey Hill Climb:
http://lowkeyhillclimbs.com/2012/week8/results.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; wrote:5 212 Clark Foy Western Wheelers 45+ 74:02.0 14.91 3565 122.10
Was Clark rocking a Garmin Vector?

Afraid not. Don't know him. That's a *very* respectable time though.
2013 Wilier Cento1 SR || 2009 Ridley Crossbow || 2011 Yeti AS-R 5 Carbon

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Clark Foy was the CEO of Metrigear, and since its acquisition by Garmin, is Garmin's Product Manager - Cycling Power. Aparently, the dude can still ride a bike, even at his advanced years.

SolidSnake03

by SolidSnake03

edesigner wrote:
SolidSnake03 wrote:Inside pedal down through a corner makes me concerned :shock:

Clipped a pedal once and that was enough of a scare for me!

Regardless, congrats on the win!

It's a double edged sword. When I was racing 1/2 crits you either pedal thru them or lost position on any flat or false flat. You just have to get to know your lean angle :). I am on Speedplays so you don't catch a pedal.. you catch a shoe lol.

Next year is my full return to racing after almost a decade and a half. Master Nationals are up here in Bend again so it's time to dial in that lean angle again me thinks

Zitter - glad to hear that you were wearing gloves. That is nucking futs doing any crit without them.. don't ask me how I know :)

Oh yeh I know logically and strategically why you would do it but that has never really put my mind at ease. Anyhow, I know it's one of those calculated risk type of things and done more out of competition necessity as opposed to just wanting to
Looks like I made a new 90 Proof friend

Chadwick890

by Chadwick890

A nice picture of me from the TT in the Tour of Bright.

Though didnt even realise how low the zip was on the front though, had it down during the warm up...and just forgot about it completely. Super un-aero. It was also before the line, which is why im out of the saddle. I actually jumped over the line during my lunge for the line. Just to be different.

afalts

by afalts

Kasparz wrote:336w for 43:17, 4.8w/kg

Just want to throw this out there, but the Tacx is neither very accurate or precise. Compared to a power tap/srm/quarq or something else along those lines. I have found the tacx's to measure 10-20% higher than both my powertap and srm.

It's ok for measuring general increases in fitness, so long as you are using the exact same setup each time (same device, tire, etc.)

Kasparz

by Kasparz

Guys riding with power meters say it is calibrated pretty much dead on, my power profile from sports doctor says about the same. But riding on hoods definitely gives more power output than time trial bike, so there are just numbers.

micky

by micky

Kasparz, werent you against powermeters?

afalts

by afalts

Kasparz wrote:Guys riding with power meters say it is calibrated pretty much dead on, my power profile from sports doctor says about the same. But riding on hoods definitely gives more power output than time trial bike, so there are just numbers.

Fair enough. And I hope you didn't take any of that personally (as you said, just numbers), it was just a bit of info I had noticed when my numbers took a big jump when I first used a tacx.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Zitter wrote:just upgrade crits, nothing really big

What's the average field size for crits over there?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Zitter

by Zitter

That one was 47 but they're usually down to around 30-40 now that people are training instead. I got my upgrade so I don't need to do them anymore