Action - pictures !

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Are there prizes on the Etape?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

JamieL

by JamieL

Not sure. There was certainly a podium ceremony and trophies. I'd be surprised if there was any money though.

I enjoyed my day out even though i knew i was killing myself: At the start it took me 3 or 4 kms to get towards the front of the peloton, by the time i got there i could see that Mavic car way up the road so assumed there was a break. Had a quick look around the peloton and didn't see anyone i thought had a chance so guessed they were all up the road. Jumped away and spent half an hour burying myself to get across. Finally the Mavic car dropped back and i thought i was getting close. Asked the driver what the gap was and he told me i had three minutes on the bunch and there was no one up the road... :oops:
Was pretty f*cked by then so just enjoyed riding through the villages and seeing the odd person i knew from when i worked down there.

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

Great result although tucked in some wheels you would have been close to top 5!

:beerchug:

ultyguy

by ultyguy

JamieL wrote:Not sure. There was certainly a podium ceremony and trophies. I'd be surprised if there was any money though.

I enjoyed my day out even though i knew i was killing myself: At the start it took me 3 or 4 kms to get towards the front of the peloton, by the time i got there i could see that Mavic car way up the road so assumed there was a break. Had a quick look around the peloton and didn't see anyone i thought had a chance so guessed they were all up the road. Jumped away and spent half an hour burying myself to get across. Finally the Mavic car dropped back and i thought i was getting close. Asked the driver what the gap was and he told me i had three minutes on the bunch and there was no one up the road... :oops:
Was pretty f*cked by then so just enjoyed riding through the villages and seeing the odd person i knew from when i worked down there.

Ha, great effort Jamie! I actually almost did the same thing in last year's etape (Annecy) as around km 50 or so I was getting kinda bored, thought I'd just have a go to say I'd done it....but thought better of it ;-) Well done on 11th though, that is still a pretty strong result.

Nick- nah, no prizes, not like the Italian ones....but that's also probably why there's a bit less juice going on too.

Tillquist

by Tillquist

From sundays bike race
See all my bike h e r e

bally81

by bally81

That was a hill time trial from last Sunday I s*cked badly... however the Friday night before I was the king on the dancefloor hahha
Caad 10
Bianchi EV3
Canyon Speedmax AL

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

first cx race of the year....snapped chain DNF sigh.

micky

by micky

Finally got a podium on a crit with finish on a 5k climb.

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

3rd in a muddy cx race yesterday

Tapeworm

by Tapeworm

On my way to taking out the state TT Champs (Masters of course). Horrible course with far too much elevation gain for my liking.

With a 4th at the Nationals Masters TT Champs, this was a good consolation prize.

"Physiology is all just propaganda and lies... all waiting to be disproven by the next study."
"I'm not a real doctor; But I am a real worm; I am an actual worm." - TMBG

micky

by micky

Sleek bike and position!
Congratulations! :thumbup:

olebole

by olebole

Something similar to Tapworms photo above...

Dalai

by Dalai

Congratulations Tapeworm! :thumbup:

Love the mud olebole. :D

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

started 67th out of 72 or something, ended the day at 11th. only lost one place =(. was chuffed with my result otherwise.

Tomstr

by Tomstr

Nice photo's Nathan, you can see the speed in them.

Here a rare one of me from last friday. I was lucky enough to be invited to participate in a groupride promoting womens cycling. Here I'm having a chat with Marianne Vos.

Ride it like you stole it

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com