Magellan Echo with Strava

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

drainyoo

by drainyoo

Anyone using the Magellan Echo watch with Strava? I use the iPhone with the Strava app, which has been pretty accurate for me, and I'd love to not have to take out my phone to see my current stats/info. Looking to see if it works well.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

I have the RFLKT from Wahoo (same as Echo but mounts on the handlebar with Garmin attachment)....it works well. Shows exactly what is shown on your phone. I don't use it any longer because I don't have an iPhone anymore, but if I did I would still use it.

As an aside, I would give you a great deal on the RFLKT with a K Edge mount for it if you are interested. I tried the watch GPS thing and hated having to peek at my arm for my data, so I think you'd be much happier with the more traditional unit. Just my experience. :beerchug:

drainyoo

by drainyoo

Thanks for the offer. I've seen the RFLKT, but it's bit bulky for me. Not sure I want to mount that thing to my bike. I'm ok with having to look at my arm for data. What I'm not clear about the Echo is the type of cycling related data that it displays since it's really made for running. With Strava, can it display distance, avg speed, calories burned and heart rate?

drainyoo

by drainyoo

So I picked up the Echo and it works great with Strava. It pairs very easily, never disconnects and is very comfy. Just wish Strava would include heart rate.