Garmin Out-in-front Mounts Ad Nauseum

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

elfuinha

by elfuinha

Vuong05 wrote:Looking for a Garmin mount that puts the unit in front of the stem. I just picked up a MCFK road handlebar that has a -5 degree sweep back.

Any recommendation would be appreciated.

Same here, but i'm using barfly 1.0.

will get the Barfly 2.0 and trim it because of the -5 degree sweep back.

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Here's the Barfly 1.0 mounted on my Vuka Sprint - the top is aligned to the side of the stem but upon tightening the bottom will slip sideways. It is still secure though, so I decided to leave it as it is. The clamp width looks to be the same as the k-edge one and it's just a preference then of whether I want the unit to be slightly above or below the stem.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ALAN Carbon+

by ALAN Carbon+

Bryton has jumped on the out in front trend https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

showbiz

by showbiz

So what's the general consensus here? I need a mount for my Garmin 500..

What's the best in terms of looks, placement (in-line and flush with height of stem - not sitting above). I don't care about price and don't want anything aluminum (ie- K-Edge).

Anyone tried the new Bar Fly 2.0? Gets 5 stars from bikeradar but I'm unsure if it still sits too high? Says it places the screen "inline, out front, and level with the handlebar/stem", but I've heard otherwise.

SRAM QuickView Computer Mount (Quarq)
Garmin Out-front Bike Mount
RaceWare Garmin 200 / 500 O/S Bar Mount Right Hand
Bar Fly 2.0
Last edited by showbiz on Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

showbiz

by showbiz

QuickView looks too high, think I'm leaning RaceWare or Bar Fly 2.0 at this stage.

UPDATE: Just pulled le trigger on a RaceWare for Garmin 500.

Cheers!

by Cheers!

I pulled the trigger on the K-edge one.

Works great. Stiff. Doesn't vibrate/buzz so the screen is clear. Pushing the buttons doesn't cause the mount to flex. I will tune it with some Aluminum bolts next time I do an order for bolts.

Liggero

by Liggero

I have the one from RaceWare. It's the lightest and position is good too. Clamping is not as good as the original one from Garmin, but at least it doesn't damage the Garmin unit, like the K-edge does.

Bar Fly 1.0 had a too high position. 2.0 has a great position and it's very smart for Di2 or EPS users, as it also holds the electronic controler from the drivetrain, really neat...

https://www.google.nl/search?q=bar+fly+ ... 79&bih=979" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Happy Trails !!!

Lewis

by Lewis

Tillquist wrote:
Imaking20 wrote:I fit the SRAM out front mount on my Vukasprint without issue. That's about the widest mount you'll fit though.

I've changed bars now though. Happy to swap mounts with anyone in a pickle :)

You need this one for the Zipp Service Course SL stem

Hi Tillquist, can you make one of these to fit a ritchey stem if I provide measurements of the bolt spacing? That would be great as yours is definitely the best looking option available, can't believe none of the 'proper' companies have commissioned you to make them or bought the design off you. Much cleaner and more aero dynamic.
2020 Canyon Grail AL 6.0

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

Not to answer for him, but the answer was no when I asked. Bought a Zipp stem and his mount, works/looks great!

djconnel

by djconnel

I definitely want a design like the Tilquist, since it should work with 26.0 mm, and I prefer the bolt mount to bar mount.

Tillquist

by Tillquist

Butcher wrote:Not to answer for him, but the answer was no when I asked. Bought a Zipp stem and his mount, works/looks great!

Yes that's right I have given the answer.

But now that I'm about to make a new potion of all types, so I would like to produce for Ritchey WCS 4-Axis and ENVE if there are some who can help me to measure c-c bolt spacing exactly up.
See all my bike h e r e

carbonLORD
in the industry

by carbonLORD

Tillquist wrote:
Butcher wrote:Not to answer for him, but the answer was no when I asked. Bought a Zipp stem and his mount, works/looks great!

But now that I'm about to make a new potion of all types, so I would like to produce for Ritchey WCS 4-Axis and ENVE if there are some who can help me to measure c-c bolt spacing exactly up.

I own the Enve. I also sent you a message on Facebook.

Cheers,

s:cL
carbonLORD.com

sigismond0

by sigismond0

Tillquist wrote:

I have a WCS 4-Axis right here, will measure and report back.

Edit: I read exactly 9mm.

Lewis

by Lewis

I make 14mm. Are you sure you're measuring centre to centre? I have a ritchey 4 axis stem too on my canyon ultimate al.

Spec from the Canyon website (just checking its the same stem you're referring to)

Stem Ritchey WCS 4-Axis 1 1/8 Zoll
2020 Canyon Grail AL 6.0

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BeeSeeBee

by BeeSeeBee

Are you sure that isn't the 4-Axis 44 model (wider faceplate)

I measure 8.5mm for my 4-Axis bolts (too lazy to take off bar to measure holes):

Last edited by BeeSeeBee on Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.